Does tap tempo really matter?

hugbot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yeah, if it's part of the guitar part rather than as an ambient effect, I think it's important to have a tap tempo. But if it's ambient effect, I think tap is detrimental because it brings the delay into focus too much.

This.

People who use the "always" or "never" opinion, I just :rolleyes:

To be so narrow minded is to be missing out on some really cool musical effects.

• Members

Does tap tempo really matter? Not to me. I don't have the tap temp set up on my Timefactor. I can get by without it all together for longer repeats or short. Is it useless though? I don't think so. I can see where it would be useful in some situations.

• Members

My delay pedal doesn't have it, but I miss it. I think you guys are taking tap tempo too literally; just because it says tap tempo doesn't mean you have to tap in quarter notes for your song to be "in time." I just like the option of being able to change delay time on the fly while playing; tap in a quick delay or a slow one or whatever.

• Members

My delay pedal doesn't have it, but I miss it. I think you guys are taking tap tempo too literally; just because it says tap tempo doesn't mean you have to tap in quarter notes for your song to be "in time." I just like the option of being able to change delay time on the fly while playing; tap in a quick delay or a slow one or whatever.

if there's a beat going it's nearly impossible for me to tap anything that isn't a division of that beat :(

Archived