Newer PRS SE Models --- Played some ---- wow

dZjupp

• Members

i have two usa custom 24's and prefer strats with fralins. Ive always thought Paul was trying to combine a strat with a les paul. I put the old skool pickup selector in and a push pull for coil tapping and sweet switches. I think Paul succeeded cause i can get quacky strat tones out of them sometimes easier than if it was a real strat. It's been ages since i played a les paul so i cant compare on that. a few times i put off buying an SG rationalizing that I already had two cu 24's that come pretty close to sg territory.

If they put out an SE that had a maple fretboard and soap bars I would buy twenty!

• Members

That is totally hot, and I'm not a big Jazzmaster fan, but I would really like that in my collection.

Thank you both :) And I'm happy to say, it plays and sounds as good as it looks. Though to be fair, the PRS sounds and plays just as well, if not better. They're my two 'till-death-do-us-part guitars.

• Members

ok, finally got some a little time to play mine last night. its really a darn good guitar for the price. mine came fully upgraded but here is what i would do to a stock one and you would have quite a nice guitar.

- pickups (duh)

- nut

- 500k pots / wiring

- bridge

maybe the tuners but i actually found the stock ones to be pretty solid.

granted these are obviously not the equivalent of the american made PRS models with awesome 10 tops but after these upgrades you will really notice it sounds a lot better and it would easily match up and beat many guitars in this price range.

Archived