To Esquire or not to Esquire???

mr benn

• Members

Ok so,it's been buggin me for a long time but I have to admit,my beloved coppercaster has a flaw...

the neck pickup sounds like balls :cry:

practically zero output compared to the bridge pickup (which must be some kind of a freak production line freak as it's got about four times the output!)

tried raising up the neck pickup but then the tone sounds horrible

so do I get a new pickup or Esquire it? I use the bridge pickup 80% of the time at the moment,the other 20% I use the middle setting to get a slightly mellower tone

I never use the neck pickup alone as it's a dull boring low output piece of junk

suggestions please!!??

• Members

Ok so,it's been buggin me for a long time but I have to admit,my beloved coppercaster has a flaw...

the neck pickup sounds like balls
:cry:
practically zero output compared to the bridge pickup (which must be some kind of a freak production line freak as it's got about four times the output!)

tried raising up the neck pickup but then the tone sounds horrible

so do I get a new pickup or Esquire it? I use the bridge pickup 80% of the time at the moment,the other 20% I use the middle setting to get a slightly mellower tone

I never use the neck pickup alone as it's a dull boring low output piece of junk

suggestions please!!??

Just get a better Tele neck pickup. I like to use the Fender Noiseless Tele neck or some sort of P-90 or low output humbucker for the neck position of my Teles. I might even have a G&L MFD ASAT neck P-90 you can have just lying around...you'll have to find a cover for it though (they're cheap and can be found online). I also have a pair of Reverend P-90's I could give you if you wanted to experiment with them. :)

• Members

OH SWEET LORD I'VE BEEN SCOURING EBAY FOR MONTHS TRYING TO GET ONE OF THOSE ASAT SPECIAL MFD NECK PICKUPS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SELL IT TO ME!!!!

Sorry for the all caps hijack.... but I'm serious. I've been looking for one of those pups for a loooong time. I can has?

• Members

Mr Banned,your seriously a top bloke

I've noticed you've done some very cool stuff for the folks on here,your generosity is commendable :phil:

Crxsh really has been Gas'ing for that though,so yeah hook him up!

unfortunately I just couldn't take a router to this thing (vintage style neck pickup route),which is strange as I'd do it to most of my guitars no problem!

I had a Kinman Broadcaster in the neck position of my ash tele before I converted it to a fat telel,and I didn't really gel with that one either (it was a lot better than this,but still not 100%) so maybe I just don't like tele neck pickups?? so I guess my options are Strat sized or Esquire?

• Members

OH SWEET LORD I'VE BEEN SCOURING EBAY FOR MONTHS TRYING TO GET ONE OF THOSE ASAT SPECIAL MFD NECK PICKUPS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SELL IT TO ME!!!!

Sorry for the all caps hijack.... but I'm serious. I've been looking for one of those pups for a
loooong
time. I can has?

You can have it...Like I said...you'll need to buy a cover. They're about $8-10 each or less and can be found on eBay or a web search pretty easily.

Shoot me your mailing address.

• Members

Mr Banned,your seriously a top bloke

I've noticed you've done some very cool stuff for the folks on here,your generosity is commendable :phil:

Crxsh really has been Gas'ing for that though,so yeah hook him up!

Will do.

If you change your mind about routing your guitar and the Reverend pickups, let me know. :)

• Members

You can have it...Like I said...you'll need to buy a cover. They're about $8-10 each or less and can be found on eBay or a web search pretty easily.

Shoot me your mailing address.

Oh.

My.

{censored}.

I love you.

• Members

I agree with the try something new. I've been thinking about getting the novak jazzmaster pickup that fits in a Tele route for my Esquire. Esquires definitely aren't for everybody. In before the hate.

already got that covered!

p>

• Members

Then it's settled, One Man Banned is Forumite of the Year.

Dude he's given stuff away to other forumites for free before. Just a completely standup, generous dude.

As for suggestions. I've got a Duncan APTR-1 in my tele and I'm a fan. :idk:

• Members

Dude he's given stuff away to other forumites for free before. Just a completely standup, generous dude.

As for suggestions. I've got a Duncan APTR-1 in my tele and I'm a fan.
:idk:

Seems like a good enough reason to me. Also his posts and threads are generally interesting/content heavy and rarely derivative. He's a great part of the community and contributes a lot. At least as far as I can see.

tumblr_l7ktpkVKwV1qcsadk.jpg

Archived