strumming and picking over the fretboard.......

companyman

• Members

true, my Firebird had 3 pickups, and I loved the range of tones with that setup, I sort of never really played much over the fretboard, for whatever reason, but I find that I like how the bridge pickup sounds now that I tried playing there. I normally never play with the bridge pickup, more of a middle and neck position guy, but there is depth to the bridge pickup when playing above the fretboard.

• Members

Watch Eric Johnson play the softer stuff....he is all over the fretboard with his picking hand.

That's only to compensate for when the shoehorn holding up the MXR rack delay on his board won't balance correctly.

Tone is only in the fingers when the shoehorn won't do the job.

• Members

I do that all the time when playing my Esquire - I can get some pretty cool faux lap steel type sounds picking up there, and rolling back the Tone control can get me some decent fat tones that you'd think were a neck pup.

Keef knows what's up.

• Members

pick the string at the spot exactly 12 frets above the note being fretted ... blows your mind

weird how people spend $1000 to get ever so slightly closer to the dream tone in their head when they could just pick slightly different or use a different kind of pick

Archived