YES! Emperor just emailed me...

• Members

ummm excuse my ignorance but, couldn't you just put webers in your recto cab and be done with it and save a lot of money? i recognize the indie cred going on, whats so special function wise about THESE cabs? I know they look cool but
:idk:

You are truly the most contradicting person on the internet.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well I'm like... I have a recto cab with v30's, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with recto cabs, these guys just have gas and hcfx hype gas at that.

thats your opinion that there is nothing wrong with them. the few ive played had decent low end responce. compared to the orange cabs ive played they werent {censored}. in all honesty mesa cabs are overrated and over priced. mesa in general is overrated and over priced. havent played a single thing of theirs that sounded good to me. thats my opinion though.

• Members

well I'm like... I have a recto cab with v30's, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with recto cabs, these guys just have gas and hcfx hype gas at that.

If you like the Recto cabs then fine. I don't like the way my head sounds running into it. I don't buy in to the hype at HCFX. I could care less about Strymon's pedals or the Space, or all of the T.C. Electronic pedals that everyone is {censored}ting in their pants about. I bought Emperor cabs because I could get them built to my exact specifications, which is something you can't do with a Mesa cab.

• Members

If you like the Recto cabs then fine. I don't like the way my head sounds running into it. I don't buy in to the hype at HCFX. I could care less about Strymon's pedals or the Space, or all of the T.C. Electronic pedals that everyone is {censored}ting in their pants about. I bought Emperor cabs because I could get them built to my exact specifications, which is something you can't do with a Mesa cab.

Same.

• Members

Ok what's the low down on their cabinets? Are they pricey boutique type cabs? For some reason I recall they make these stained wood with no tolex or is that just an option? What's the start up price on say a 2x12 with decent speakers? Also would be great if they made the compact Mesa sized 2x12s.

• Members

Ok what's the low down on their cabinets? Are they pricey boutique type cabs? For some reason I recall they make these stained wood with no tolex or is that just an option? What's the start up price on say a 2x12 with decent speakers? Also would be great if they made the compact Mesa sized 2x12s.

Email them for a quote. They do custom work.

• Members

You really get your bang for your buck. They are very solidly made and sound beautiful. Standard 2x12 is $495. I got a vertical 2x12 with Weber's for that price. They don't put tolex on the cab, just bare gorgeous wood. They can get pricey with other speakers and whatnot, but they really aren't that expensive compared to other cabs available.

• Members

It depends on what type of speakers you want and your dimensions, but they're very similarly priced with Avatar, which is considered the economical cab company.

My 2x12 w/ Weber Alnico Blue and G12H30 (direct clones of the Celestions; just better quality - not made in China), it cost me $675 ($705 shipped). If I were to get the same style cab with the same speaker combo from Avatar, it'd cost me over $700, plus another $40ish for shipping.

So I save $25-$30ish, have better quality speakers, and a much better looking cab too. :thu:

• Members

Ok, nothing I see on their site shows anything remotely similar to a Mesa sized 2x12 or a Carvin Legacy 2x12. The custom quote response makes me shudder this would cost $500 or more for a 2x12. I know it's US made but if they don't even have the options I want, and at that price I'll just go cheap for now and get that Randall RT212RC that is the right size and the right look with the black nickel plated metal grill that I can negotiate down to about $250 ish new.

85350.jpg

Can you buy an Emperor cab without speakers to get a rockbottom price? I sent Emperor an email about doing tweed or country western covering, side handles or the top corner handles, I forgot to ask if they come with removable casters or not, and I wanted to know if the dimensions could be squatter like 18" or less tall like the Randall, Mesas, and the Carvin. I also asked if they offer other speakers besides Weber. I know they are a young company so hopefully they are willing to do something like this, but if the price is like $500 or more it's not worth it as I'm basically asking them to build a cabinet that I can get already with options I want for hundreds cheaper. Example is Carvin Legacy cabinet with Vintage 30s is under $500 shipped. If Emperor can compete with options and price than I may consider them.

• Members

It depends on what type of speakers you want and your dimensions, but they're very similarly priced with Avatar, which is considered the economical cab company.

My 2x12 w/ Weber Alnico Blue and G12H30 (direct clones of the Celestions; just better quality - not made in China), it cost me $675 ($705 shipped). If I were to get the same style cab with the same speaker combo from Avatar, it'd cost me over $700, plus another $40ish for shipping.

So I save $25-$30ish, have better quality speakers, and a much better looking cab too.
:thu:

For touring purposes. When we get a van. I planned about a year ago when i got my Marshall jcm800.

A small "live in case" for an Emperor 2x12 with greenbacks and my jcm800.

Specifically for the look of it, the dimensions of the cab, and that THEY ONLY USE weber speakers.

• Members

For touring purposes. When we get a van. I planned about a year ago when i got my Marshall jcm800.

A small "live in case" for an Emperor 2x12 with greenbacks and my jcm800.

Specifically for the look of it, the dimensions of the cab, and that
THEY ONLY USE weber speakers.

The quotes I got had prices for different Celestions and Eminence speakers too. They'll throw whatever speakers you want in it. And Fusion, if you're wanting a Mesa 2x12, my other guitarist is selling his. It still has the store tag on it I believe. I think he's asking $350 for it but I'm not sure. I can talk to him about it if you'd like.

• Members

Can someone give me the dimensions of the smallest Emperor cabinet? I can't seem to find much info on their website about this.

Would be great if their cabs weren't the oversized variety like the Avatars all are:

* Avatar Vintage: 30" W x 24.5" H x 12" D

but the more compact 2x12 cabs like:

* Vader: 30" W x 18" H x 14" D

* Carvin Legacy: 26" W x 17.5" H x 10.25" D

* Mesa Stiletto: 26.75" W x 15.25" H x 12.75" D

• Members

Conky, I'd prefer buying used stuff locally as shipping would kill any potential deals. For the new Randall I can get free shipping so I'm leaning towards that deal if I don't hold out and find a better cab locally on Craigslist in the next month or 2. I got to start checking out the Tampa CL as Sarasota doesn't have crap as far as good cabinets posted on there daily.

• Members

Well found my answer in an old 2008 post from HCAF what I assume is the standard sized Emperor 2x12 is:

30" W x 22" H x 15" D. Way too tall and bulky for what I'm looking for, I'll stick with finding a smaller cab unless Emperor contacts me that they do a smaller cab but for me it seems I'd be forcing them to go against how they normally make their cabs, so this is just not the cabinet for me I think.

• Members

relax lol I was just giving you guys {censored} then d and d gets all personal and negative LOL.

I'm just a lot more economical shopper I guess, yeah i got lots of stuff but I only buy if I am getting a killer deal. 700 for a 2x12 seems like Highway robbery to me. :idk: But I do like their cabs, I am just too old to be gassing for hipster type stuff.

• Members

there's more to a cabinet than just speakers. wood, back type, baffle slant, etc.

Until you stick a mic 2" in front of the speaker and turn your amp down so low none of the sound is leaving the stage. Then they're pretty much the same.

I'm kidding. Most bands using Emperor cabs play loud enough to have stage bleed but I'd be pissed if that really happened.

• Members

relax lol I was just giving you guys {censored} then d and d gets all personal and negative LOL.

I'm just a lot more economical shopper I guess, yeah i got lots of stuff but I only buy if I am getting a killer deal. 700 for a 2x12 seems like Highway robbery to me.
But I do like their cabs, I am just too old to be gassing for hipster type stuff.

Don't even freaking go there. :cop:... you're a liar and a hypocrite. You belittle those who buy expensive and boutique pedals/gear, yet you've got mounds of it, and according to you, you don't even play it... much less ever recorded on any of it.

Trolls belong in a cave; go find one. You're only here because of your own ego anyway. You're not here to learn about new gear or learn from other musicians, because judging by your numerous posts, and including the one in my sig, you already know everything there is to know. In fact, you're so amazing that you don't even have to understand what quarter notes are or how they relate to song structure.

• Members

I'm just a lot more economical shopper I guess, yeah i got lots of stuff but I only buy if I am getting a killer deal. 700 for a 2x12 seems like Highway robbery to me.
But I do like their cabs, I am just too old to be gassing for hipster type stuff.

i mean i can lie to and say im a tree hugger yet i use plastic cups and paper plates cause im too lazy to wash dishes. killer deal like that cheap {censored} wallet you posted about>? and yes every time you make a dumb post i will refer back to that tacky ass BIKER wallet you had to buy and brag about. you like the cabs yet you think its highway robbery. have you never looked at the price of mass produced cabs like orange and mesa? you say emperor is highway robery when their 4x12s cost less than the leading mass market {censored} out there. you know, the companies you tried to stand behind. yet touring bands like high on fire use them more than orange or marshall. its not for nothing that the guy from indian backs them. yeah im sure since hes friends with them and even looks like he lives and plays with people that work there. sure there could be some bias, but in all realty hes a muscian just like the rest of us and going on good faith wouldnt bull {censored} people. unlike yourself though, you seem to just be a constant bull{censored}ter. and the hipster remarks are hilarious coming from a fake biker/trucker. atleast the hipster fools ive come across in my day had a better understanding of the gear they play and have used than you.

Archived