Catalinbread DLS vs SFT

JMR

• Members

Which would be better for fast D-Standard hardcore punk type stuff?

Depends on if you want to sound like you're playing through a marshall or through an ampeg.

There are lots of videos on youtube. My inkling is to say DLS, but I don't listen to hardcore punk or know what you want to sound like.

To youtube you go!

• Members

Well, can the SFT cop V4-esque sounds?

And I guess these are the sort of tones I'm looking for. If it can do either of these...

[video=youtube;4z2txeRoGHM]

[video=youtube;_fnMF2KfcZw]

• Members

Which would be better for fast D-Standard hardcore punk type stuff?

DLS, at least for Bahstun haaaaahdcoar.

Also, you can't really get a V4 sound in a pedal, at least in my opinion :idk:. All the guys that use my V4 at the hardcore shows around here use rats, one guy used a DLS, and it sounded pretty solid for what they were doing. Anything works really. I think you'd like a DLS more.

• Members

I'd like to know if the DLS sounds better than a rat?

In reference to hardcore, it really doesn't matter. You could play through a peavy rage or something and get what he wants :lol: Personally I like the DLS over a rat, but this isn't about me.

• Members

Exactly. And for that band, they probably just use a V4 for its sheer volume.

The first clip doesn't have the right mids growl nor the same bottom response of a V4. I would be surprized if that was the amp actually used in the clip.

• Members

The first clip doesn't have the right mids growl nor the same bottom response of a V4. I would be surprized if that was the amp actually used in the clip.

I'm pretty sure the guitarist for that band used a sunn or a marshall.

In Loma Prieta, I think one guy has an Ampeg V4 or V2 and the other has a JCM800 2203.

Basically, I want something that give a lot of attack, with a thick but articulate sound. I use a lot of broken chords and pedal tones. Also, barre chords, but that's mostly for tapping.

• Members

I'm pretty sure the guitarist for that band used a sunn or a marshall.

In Loma Prieta, I think one guy has an Ampeg V4 or V2 and the other has a JCM800 2203.

Basically, I want something that give a lot of attack, with a thick but articulate sound. I use a lot of broken chords and pedal tones. Also, barre chords, but that's mostly for tapping.

What are you using for an amp?

Archived