Your recommendation for a versatile/great sounding tremolo that isn't crazy expensive

Loobs

• Members

Lovepedal Babyface, my favourite trem, only downside is the depth and volume are internal trim pots, kind of annoying.... dont mind setting the volume and forgetting it, but depth is something I would like to have easy access to.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tried a few cheapy trems (nobels, rocktron pulse, some other {censored} that isn't immediately coming to mind) but the Pn-2 was the first I was truly happy with. The Tr-2 is probably the same thing without the stereo option.

The TR-2 and PN-2 are very different... the TR-2 can't get anywhere near the square waveform mode of the PN-2 and is generally just a bit more subtle and restrained. It's still a good pedal though.

• Members

Can the TR-2 get really fast and really slow?

I thought you had one before?

The range on the TR-2 is fairly limited (I guess it could be thought of as being sensible), it doesn't get into extremes... it is really easy to mod though, if you want it to go faster/slower.

• Members

would have recommendet the ehx stereo pulsar, i'm sure any volume drop can be compensated with an internal trimpot.

but you said you didn't like the semaphore...

...our bassplayer has the stereo pulsar and i have the semaphore and to my wacky ears the stereo pulsar sounds almost the same with not so much speed options and no volume knob...

when i got my semaphore from kayzer there was a huge volume drop on it as well which couldn't be compensated with the outside volume knob, some googleing showed me the way to an internal trimpot to fix this...

but if you do not like the sound of the semaphore either the pulsar will not be for you

• Members

Well if it's amp type trem you want, then I say the Malekko is pretty hard to beat. The internal gain pot is good for making up the percieved volume drop. You can even make it boost a little. I love mine, but just have no use for it. I got it with the intention of a potential surf side project and am considering letting it go.

It's got the mellow trem thing covered in spades, then maxed out it's pretty choppy, but not really hummingbird type choppy.

• Members

Malekko sounds really great. I had the Pulsar and didn't like it. I ended up selling my Malekko Trem only cause I could approximate it on my m9. M9 had less high end content. But, I can live with it.

Didn't TC just put out a tremolo?

The Dr. S ones are out there for pretty cheap right now because people are gearing up for the new one.

• Members

Not to be overly self-promoting, but I have a Malekko trem up in the spam thread. It's an awesome trem like has already been said and I'll probably kick myself for letting it go. Just something I'm trying to get funds for and it is one of the most expendable pedals for me right now.

• Members

I'm not really digging the M13 trems. It seems like if I roll back even a hair on my volume knob, the effect disappears
:idk:

Yea, it didn't play well with a whole lot of dirt either. I always go back and fourth on just getting rid of it.

• Members

The boss TR-2 is the one I really settled on. Mod it as well and you got yourself a perfect tremolo for standard trem sounds. I had a t-rex tremster and as much as it's awesome, it sometimes doesn't have enough depth and doesn't get choppy enough. Tried the moog ring mod, that one was a nice trem but didn't justify having such a massive pedal just for that.

Archived