Sad realization: I am that can't afford a Gibson Guy

RoboPimp

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

buying used does wonders. i still only have one really nice gibson and thats only a sg standard. easily one of the best guitars ive ever played. have a faded v and a 1960 studio lp. one day ill have a purdy high end gibson goldtop. ONE DAY!

• Members

i've owned 3 of them and all 3 were worth every penny...

honestly u can pick up a gibson faded sg for around $400-500 used and once u swap the terrible stock pick-ups you'll have a killer guitar. Same with the faded les pauls. There are some reasonably priced gibsons out there, and they truly are worth the money as these guitars are built to last a life time.

faded sgs

faded les pauls

blueshawk

nighthawk

can all be had for around 600 (exception : nighthawk)... so you too can be a gibson guy.

but u know, there's a few manufacturers who I would turn before Gibson if I were going to spend anywhere near 2k on a guitar (Jackson USA, Ibanez j-custom, Taylor, Caparison) -- but for entry level guitars ($700 range), Gibson is pretty hard to beat once u replace their crap pick-ups.

On the LP Fadeds you don't even need to swap the pickups, Burstbucker Pros!

• Members
tell that to my friend who dropped his (in the factory hard case) and the headstock popped clean off
:lol:

Well I imagine any guitar could be susceptible to radical damage if dropped from high enough...

I know a guy who bought a 1975'ish es-335 that is still his main guitar to this day (and he plays A LOT). Granted his headstock fell off too but after the repair it was good to go.

Every Gibson I have owned has been a) beautiful b) sounded GREAT with slight pick-up / action modifications (the 490 / 498 combo blows BAD...)

Archived