Fender Twin Reverb: Yay or nay?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i have a twin and its heavy. super heavy lol. you change out the speakers to webers to reduce the weight to a more acceptable amount.

i think they average around 35kg. with the new speakers it should be close to 30kg.

i disagree with the super reverb suggestion though. they're more bulky and slightly heavier than the twin.

as everyone said, this thing doesn't break up. but its not as loud as you think it is. just loud when you try force it to break up.

• Members

Sheesh guys, how heavy could this possibly be, weight wise? I mean, we're not muscle heads or anything, but it can't be too bad to lunge from the house to the car and the car to the stage?

They are like 90 pounds. I definitely appreciate help whenever I move mine out of the house.

• Members

i have a twin and its heavy. super heavy lol. you change out the speakers to webers to reduce the weight to a more acceptable amount.

i think they average around 35kg. with the new speakers it should be close to 30kg.

i disagree with the super reverb suggestion though. they're more bulky and slightly heavier than the twin.

as everyone said, this thing doesn't break up. but its not as loud as you think it is. just loud when you try force it to break up.

Thats fine. My problem has been at gigs where my Blues Jr breaks up too soon, so clean parts of certain songs are dirty and sounds like ass.

• Members

Sheesh guys, how heavy could this possibly be, weight wise? I mean, we're not muscle heads or anything, but it can't be too bad to lunge from the house to the car and the car to the stage?

Seriously. After lugging full stacks and stereo half stacks around the country for years its kinda funny to hear people complain about the weight of a 2x12 combo.

• Members

pro reverb is much dirtier and mushier than a twin. In a electric band they can get buried pretty easy. No where near the headroom of a twin. you dont say what twin reverb it is so hard to say if $750 is a good price or not, they made a lot of different models.

Yeah, you wanna find out some more details. I've seen used Silverfaces for cheaper than that. I found a '74 Silverface on the local CL and got the guy down to $400. I put $200 into it (new preamp tubes, reverb tank, labor) and I'm pretty happy w/ it. It is loud, but that sounds like that's what you're going for. I'm not playing in a band at this time, but I always wanted one and for that price... It's heavy, but manageable. I can't speak to those Pro Reverbs other than they look sexy!

• Members

they are awkward to lift by yourself. i put casters on mine, but really dread when i have to lift it into the back seat.

• Members

I'm not a fan. I have two friends with these amps and I've used them plenty. They can sound ok with NOS tubes and a speaker upgrade. Stock they sound like shrill crap and are NOT dirt pedal friendly. They turn my best dirt pedals into fizzy junk.

• Members

I'm not a fan. I have two friends with these amps and I've used them plenty. They can sound ok with NOS tubes and a speaker upgrade. Stock they sound like shrill crap and are NOT dirt pedal friendly. They turn my best dirt pedals into fizzy junk.

Turn the bright switch off dude.

Obviously you don't know toanz

• Members

Yeah, they are on the heavy side for a combo amp, but after playing through an SVT with 8X10 for a bunch of years, a 2X12 combo feels like a vacation.

• Members

From the official fender site:

Twin 34 kg

Super 29.48 kg

• Members

Twins really aren't has hard to move as everyone makes them out to be.

Mine is in a flightcase when I take it with me to a gig. Can barely lift it up in its flightcase by myself.

And it sucks to carry the twin on its own, because it only has that one handle in the middle.

• Members

Am I on here w/ a bunch of girls?! Heavy? Maybe, but gimme a break; subtract 100 hipster/indie/manbro points, LOL

ohgodj/kplsdntkillmeLOL

Srsly tho, if your looking for a combo thats loud enought to gig with, the twin is for you; they were the backline of any bar/club for years...

Archived