Ugh, I just killed my Dano Transparent OD

• Members

Just call Paul C. and get a Timmy. It's only $129, which is cheap for such a high quality of a pedal

This. I bought my TOD as a "demo" to buy a Timmy. I ordered one from Paul the next week, and I've got a Tim on order now. Paul is the Tony Bennett of pedals....such a cool and honest dude.

• Members

Just call Paul C. and get a Timmy. It's only $129, which is cheap for such a high quality of a pedal

It's definitely on the "want" list, I'm just waiting to have the available funds. There isn't a doubt in my mind that there will be a Timmy on my board eventually.

• Members

You'd be surprised what you can solder to if you put your mind to it son

You can solder to the IC if that's easier, all that will do is bypass the "minimum gain" limitation

I think I managed to solder it to the resistor (I think it's R9). I get continuity from the end of the cable I soldered in and the opposite leg of the resistor. I'll finish it up tomorrow night and hope for the best.

• Members

You'd be surprised what you can solder to if you put your mind to it son

this! use an exacto to scrape away to get at the trace line. i pulled up a pad on my blue box with modding. i fixed it an i felt proud of myself. let me know how it went.

• Members

Here's a suggestion: if the spot between the tiny resistor (SMD?) and the pot is too small, cut the trace on the on the other side of the resistor, measure its value and find a different spot to jumper the SMD and cut traces with a normal resistors.

Post a good picture of the spot for help :wave:

Archived