DOD Vibrothang....

companyman

• Members

....what a weird pedal. I picked one up off craigslist. Not sure what it wants to be, it can almost sound like vowel-like envelope, a vibrato, tremolo/univibe-ish sorta phaser-like at some settings too...is there an LFO going on in this? It has much in common with EHX's Worm pedal to my ears

• Members

Didn't like mine cause it was neither one or the other. Too subtle for what I wanted back then, but still a great sounding pedal in it's own right...

I can appreciate that opinion... I always tell people that if you want it to be just a tremolo or phaser or whatever, then you will likely be disappointed. If, on the other hand, you accept it as being it's own, unique thing, then you may love it like I do.

• Members

after playing with this thing for a while, I really like the sounds....the treble roll-off is part of it's charm I think, I like the contrast in EQ-ed sound when you switch it on and off. The envelope/vowel overtones are really cool too, I look forward to messing with it some more.

I have one of these, but stopped using it. When I connect it, its always on. Stepping on the switch does nothing, won't turn off.

Any ideas how to fix that? this post makes me want to use it again.

Clean or replace the switch... or put it into a true bypass loop.

Archived