Need a good chorus for bass

roughGo

• Members

I need a replacement for my clone theory. It's too tinny and thin as well as very noisy. I need someting that will make my bass sound full and big but still bright. My bass is always distorted with an od3 that i stack with a big muff sometimes if that makes a difference.

• Members

I'm not exactly a fan of chorus on bass either, but good luck finding the right pedal if it's really what you want.

There's a number of other things I'd try first to make your bass sound full/big/bright if I were you though. Eq, comp, or maybe just a completely different rig? What's yer band like btw, just out of curiousity?

• Members

If you want your bass tone to be big and full and still bright then you should try trunning a SHO in your rig. If you're dead set on a chorus, the bigbox Small Clone sounds pretty good on it. Just keep the rate really low or you'll sound like a turd. All that wobble and tons of low end turns muddy.

• Members

I wasn't a big fan of chorus on bass.......

But the bass player in my band uses an old kidney bean Bass POD Line 6 and sometimes he'll throw some chorus or flange on there and it sounds pure ear candy!! Seriously!! I love it! :)

We do "Turn It On Again" by Genesis and in the intro he has a sweeping flange on there while he's chugging 8th notes on a B and it sounds awesome.

Also in "No More Tears" (Ozzy) he has some really tasty chorus on there.

I guess I'm now a big fan of chorus/flange on bass. I've been converted.

Archived