light blue offset - tortoise shell pickguard or copper?

hangwire

• Members

almost ready to finish some summer projects. this one was an SX Liguid that I reshaped the lower 2 horns so it looks like a Jazzmaster/Swinger/Custom Marauder?/offset

here is pre cuts

lxyyd.jpg

I have either 2 jazzmaster pickups with white covers, or a surf 90 white/chrome I could swap as the bridge instead

so I painted the pickguard copper and it has kinda an anodized look - but light blue with tort looks great usually too

thoughts?

• Members

The copper looks more like a gold to me. I think mint green would be rad, especially on that shade of blue.

Not to get too far off track, but I REALLY don't understand the recent appeal of mint green pickguards :confused:

To my eyes it looks almost as bad as cream vintage white plastic cover :eek:

• Members

Tort but I'd find the darker brown version. Looks better than the reddish tort, especially with the blue finishes. Made one the other day, not the same shade of blue but you can get an idea which you prefer.

BETyq.jpg

:eek:

Damn that's nice! Fender needs to get fancier with their bursts/stains

• Members

it is a nice concept design... if you got someone to do the body for you that light burst with dyed wood is nice... without that light burst it would look like the Ranaldo one above... which would not be as nice...

Exactly why Fender needs to bring the fancy.

I do like that TM finish though, satin green is pretty cool, looks great in person with brownish grain. But of course, that wasn't Fender's idea. I'll build an offset, one day god damn it!

• Members
Tort but I'd find the darker brown version. Looks better than the reddish tort, especially with the blue finishes. Made one the other day, not the same shade of blue but you can get an idea which you prefer.

BETyq.jpg

want a guitar in that color badly!

• Members

Exactly why Fender needs to bring the fancy.

I do like that TM finish though, satin green is pretty cool, looks great in person with brownish grain. But of course, that wasn't Fender's idea. I'll build an offset, one day god damn it!

Fender is done with "fancy" until it gets profitable

or do you forget the abortion of the 90s fotoflame line :eek:

2598084181_d81f2ae386.jpg?v=0

"let's try and get in on the late 80s {censored}-tar look that Ibanez keeps flaunting in our faces" _ Fender mullet'd exec

• Members

BETyq.jpg

want a guitar in that color badly!

how much via warmoth for the body done up like that?

Archived