How to use an RE-201 Space Echo in a guitar rig

Mikoo69

• Members

I used to use one with a Boss LS-2 to take it out of the chain and level the signal. You can use it straight into the chain without a problem though as it comes with a footswitch for bypassing it.

Not sure how you got it 100% wet with delay signal only though, sure you've plugged it in right with the switches in the right places?

• Members

What's the best way to use an RE-201 Space Echo in my guitar rig? When I just plug it in as part of my signal chain, it's 100% wet - no dry signal. Also sucks tone.

Doesn't the Echo Volume change that?

As for the tone, When I don't care I use it straight. When I do care, I use an Ls-2!

• Members

tried it again last night to make sure.

when i plug into the instrument input, and then come out of the regular output (with H, M, L switch) I get wet echo/reverb only. If i turn the echo or reverb volume, I get no signal at all. Is something wrong with my space echo? I thought I read that some models are only wet, but I could be wrong. It's def a RE-201.

• Members

tried it again last night to make sure.

when i plug into the instrument input, and then come out of the regular output (with H, M, L switch) I get wet echo/reverb only. If i turn the echo or reverb volume, I get no signal at all. Is something wrong with my space echo? I thought I read that some models are only wet, but I could be wrong. It's def a RE-201.

Sounds like a faulty unit to me. Might be an easy fix though.

Archived