Adding a tailpiece to a les paul?

Stevenglass

• Members

I had a tail piece on my les paul special for a while.. it was pretty sweet. looked nice. I didnt have any issues with it or anything. I dont really remember why i switched back to a normal stop tail. hmm... maybe next time i put strings on ill throw it back on! oh and all i did was un screw the strap pin and then screwed it back on with the tail piece. i didnt add any extra holes. it was really easy. no more difficult then putting strap locks on.

• Members

I had a tail piece on my les paul special for a while.. it was pretty sweet. looked nice. I didnt have any issues with it or anything. I dont really remember why i switched back to a normal stop tail. hmm... maybe next time i put strings on ill throw it back on! oh and all i did was un screw the strap pin and then screwed it back on with the tail piece. i didnt add any extra holes. it was really easy. no more difficult then putting strap locks on.

WOW! THAT GUITAR LOOKS AMAZING!

I hate les paul specials but that one you got is def something dude.

Which tailpiece from all parts/stewmac etc do you think would work brosef

• Members

i was thinking this one but it has extra screw holes..

what do you think?

thank you kind sir! that stew mac one should work fine! it looks exactly like the one i have. I found mine in a box of old junk guitar parts and just tried it out. like i said, i didnt have any problems. you might not get as much sustain out of it, but it never really bothered me!

• Members

If it was really that tone altering do you think i would keep it?

it's 20 dollars. the reason why they call it your guitar is because it's your guitar. you do what you want with it.

I would have preferred if you could have said why you felt it was a downgrade instead of just being an ass.

Go ride a bike or something

also i have a compressor so sustain ain't really a problem.. sustain for miles with any guitar

Archived