New delay, help me decide

turnitto11

• Members

The DD-20 wins, I think. Sounds great, reliable, versatile and simple to use on a live stage. Also has the best modulated delay in the world (possibly). Ignoring features, the basic tone of it sounds better than the DL-4 and Timefactor, the other delay pedals I've owned in that catagory.

In my opinion.

• Members

it really depends what you want. You need presets? size? by the time you add a dedicated tap switch to the DD-20 its pretty huge.

Crisp digital verse warmer digital? MODES? digital readout? they are pretty different. DD-7? price?

buy both, return one.

Don't need presets. The actual size of the DD-20 is about as big as I can go. Can't the right footswitch/pedal be used as a tap instead of just presets? Dosn't need a screen. Not picky on modes either, if i got something with tons of modes I'd likely just pick one and never go back.

Sound wise, I like a brighter analog tone, so pretty much a warmer analog tone. A dotted 8th setting would be totally awesome. Modulation would also be awesome, but not needed.

Price, trying to stay below $300.

Can anyone confirm that the El Cap runs off the high current outputs of the PP2+?

EDIT: The mix knob cannot effect the volume of the dry/original signal in any way.

• Members

The MLJr sounds amazing, and all the features it does have are completely useable. Why get the DD20 to have more mediocrity and a bunch of stuff you will never use?

IMO the only real upgrade to the MLjr I can think of is the Providence Chrono delay for $200 more (as far as digital non-super delays..... had the el-cap briefly, thought the mljr was better for my needs).

I would also take a look at the SD Deja Vu, also a nice delay with tap tempo.

• Members

The MLJr sounds amazing, and all the features it does have are completely useable. Why get the DD20 to have more mediocrity and a bunch of stuff you will never use?

IMO the only real upgrade to the MLjr I can think of is the Providence Chrono delay for $200 more (as far as digital non-super delays..... had the el-cap briefly, thought the mljr was better for my needs).

I would also take a look at the SD Deja Vu, also a nice delay with tap tempo.

MLJ isn't going to satisfy everyone. I personally have no use for analogue delays at all. The DD-20 is far from mediocre, it's a great pedal. The Seymour Duncan Deja Vu is utter dog{censored}. Not a single good tone in it, and the tap tempo is wildly inaccurate.

• Members
MLJ isn't going to satisfy everyone. I personally have no use for analogue delays at all. The DD-20 is far from mediocre, it's a great pedal. The Seymour Duncan Deja Vu is utter dog{censored}. Not a single good tone in it, and the tap tempo is wildly inaccurate.

The MLJr is digital and the delays are warm but incredibly clear, and you can dial in a bit of modulation but it never gets too crazy.

I've used the Deja Vu on another board for a while now, you can get some great tones out of it, tap tempo works fine.... maybe you got a lemon :idk: Stick an expression to control the feedback, blend in the right amount of analog/modulation and you have a really nice tone tool.

• Members

Is it the same delay in all the PODs and the DL4? If so, I wasn't a fan of those the few times I tried them.

maybe you should try things more than a few times before making a permanent judgment

Its got:

Digital Delay

Analog Echo

Analog w/ Mod

Tape Echo

Tape Echo Dry Thru

Multi-Head

Sweep Echo

Sweep Echo Dry Thru

Reverse

Tube Echo

Tube Echo Dry Thru

Lo Res Delay

Digital Delay w/ Mod

Stereo Delay

Ping Pong

Dynamic Delay

Auto-Volume Delay

Echo Platter

Echo Platter Dry Thru

• Members

Don't need presets. The actual size of the DD-20 is about as big as I can go. Can't the right footswitch/pedal be used as a tap instead of just presets? Dosn't need a screen. Not picky on modes either, if i got something with tons of modes I'd likely just pick one and never go back.

Sound wise, I like a brighter analog tone, so pretty much a warmer analog tone. A dotted 8th setting would be totally awesome. Modulation would also be awesome, but not needed.

Price, trying to stay below $300.

EDIT: The mix knob cannot effect the volume of the dry/original signal in any way.

You want a Memory lane jr.

Archived