OT: Dietary changes

Operator

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:lol:

On the real though, do some research on the book called "Eat Right 4 Your Type".

Its a book that bases a diet on your blood type. I have no experience with it, and honestly I don't really care much for any diet advice, BUT I have had friends that have started doing this and they say they feel better almost instantly. All have lost weight and "feel" better. They don't wake up congested or groggy and they feel like they have more energy.

Again, I have no experience, but these are close friends that I trust and it has really helped them, so it may do the same for you. I know it sounds lame, but give it a shot, you never know.

:thu:

The blood type book has been discredited so many times it's just kinda shocking.

• Members

Giving up wheat was a big deal in that I can now only drink gluten-free beer, which ain't the end of the world. Also, I have to avoid the soy sauce used in almost every restaurant dealing in Asian cuisine (to say nothing of MSG)--which basically means no Asian--so that sucks. Turns out milk and cheese have some protein that cream doesn't have, so I avoid milk and cheese (which I always hated) and now have an excuse for cream in my coffee (and can still use butter). -E

• Members

The blood type book has been discredited so many times it's just kinda shocking.

And yet I have friends that it worked out well for. As I said, I'm not selling the science just the results that the 3 friends of mine have experienced. Obviously not a huge sample study, but none of them said it made them worse. I just went home, drank a coca cola and ate steak and cheese. I feel fine. Try that too and see how it works.

• Members

#work out 3-4 times a week

#eat whatever you want

#there's no ????

#profit

Yep. My weekends are an adventure in gastronomic fortitude and ethanol based liver endurance testing. Monday morning means back to salads and daily workouts. My weight doesn't change, ever. Binge and purge works for me!

• Members

And yet I have friends that it worked out well for. As I said, I'm not selling the science just the results that the 3 friends of mine have experienced. Obviously not a huge sample study, but none of them said it made them worse. I just went home, drank a coca cola and ate steak and cheese. I feel fine. Try that too and see how it works.

i just had 2 pounds of ground beef chili con carne :thu:

• Members

Yeah, about two weeks ago I was diagnosed with diabetes. ( I was thirsty all the time and peed like a racehorse like 15 times a day) No more alcohol, regular soft drinks, candy, etc. It completely {censored}ing sucks because of the whole halloween thing, but I survived. You get used to it man, just hang in there!
Mike

• Members

I've been pretty healthy most my life, but got a bit fat the past couple years (6'6", 250lbs). I've been an ovo-lacto vegetarian since turning 20 (now 34), but never paid attention to everything else I've ate. Since August I have been eating healthier and excercising 4/5 times a week. I've already lost 25lbs and gained a lot of muscle mass. My system is pretty easy and relies on drinking a lot of fresh juices (we bought a juicer and go through a couple kilos of veggies and fruits a day), cutting out nearly all beer (2 or 3 week) and most other alcohol, and very little sugary foods (no soda, desert once a week). My daily diet looks something like this:

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, bowl of yogurt, fresh juice (usually a veggie/fruit mix), coffee w/skim milk.
Morning Snack: Oatmeal w/ banana, coffee black
Lunch: Big salad w/ fruit and nuts, protein source (beans, soy, seitan, tempa, etc.)
Afternoon Snack: Walnuts, almonds, etc.
Dinner: Big salad, small entree (as long as it isn't terribly bad, I don't care)

Archived