OT: Dietary changes

Operator

• Members

My whole life I'd maintained a steady, scrawny weight, until about halfway through college when I put on some pounds, ostensibly from the {censored}ty food and beer we were always consuming.

I had stomach pains and digestive problems around this time but ignored it, as is my way. Early this year I felt like serious {censored} though, so I tried not eating dairy for a while. I felt better immediately. Cheese is the most delicious thing, so it sucked to quit, but I enjoyed feeling better so I've been able to keep that up since February.

In the past couple weeks, I've also been drastically reducing my meat intake. Typically meat was the centerpiece to almost every meal I had, so I tried stopping to see what would happen. I feel better, but I still crave meat almost constantly and allow myself to have it every couple days.

Now that I'm in my late 20s, I can't drink like I used to without feeling like total {censored}, so I'm considering cutting back on alcohol a lot.

Basically I'm having to more or less give up my favorite three things, which sucks but I'm really tired of feeling bad all the time, and each step makes me feel a little better.

Has anyone else had to do this as they get older? Any tips for staying on track?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My whole life I'd maintained a steady, scrawny weight, until about halfway through college when I put on some pounds, ostensibly from the {censored}ty food and beer we were always consuming.

I had stomach pains and digestive problems around this time but ignored it, as is my way. Early this year I felt like serious {censored} though, so I tried not eating dairy for a while. I felt better immediately. Cheese is the most delicious thing, so it sucked to quit, but I enjoyed feeling better so I've been able to keep that up since February.

In the past couple weeks, I've also been drastically reducing my meat intake. Typically meat was the centerpiece to almost every meal I had, so I tried stopping to see what would happen. I feel better, but I still crave meat almost constantly and allow myself to have it every couple days.

Now that I'm in my late 20s, I can't drink like I used to without feeling like total {censored}, so I'm considering cutting back on alcohol a lot.

Basically I'm having to more or less give up my favorite three things, which sucks but I'm really tired of feeling bad all the time, and each step makes me feel a little better.

Has anyone else had to do this as they get older? Any tips for staying on track?

All sounds natural to me. Either do what you're doing or don't.

If you ask me... everything in moderation, including moderation.

As for staying on track: Use your willpower.

• Members
{censored}. I flipped my willpower last month for a fuzz pedal. I just wasn't using my willpower on the slow parts enough.
:o

:lol:

On the real though, do some research on the book called "Eat Right 4 Your Type".

Its a book that bases a diet on your blood type. I have no experience with it, and honestly I don't really care much for any diet advice, BUT I have had friends that have started doing this and they say they feel better almost instantly. All have lost weight and "feel" better. They don't wake up congested or groggy and they feel like they have more energy.

Again, I have no experience, but these are close friends that I trust and it has really helped them, so it may do the same for you. I know it sounds lame, but give it a shot, you never know.

:thu:

• Members

try different combinations, just never leave out the protein.

high/low fat, high/low carb, dietary. alcohol is obviously going to make you feel better if you drink enough or not at all ;)

just don't eat high fat-high carb and you're good for whatever else you're doing. exercise and you can eat most anything you want. drink lots of water.

if we're talking supplements only 3 things really do work for the normal person - protein, multivitamin and omega-3 - the rest is usually bull{censored}.

if you wanna talk about anything food/exercise related shoot me a PM

• Members
seriously?

Yep. I don't know the 'science' behind it. All I know is the friends that have tried it have really felt better. Might be a placebo, might be science. But it worked for them? :idk:

My plan is to eat Chimichangas once a week and sprint to the bathroom when necessary.

• Members

try different combinations, just never leave out the protein.

high/low fat, high/low carb, dietary. alcohol is obviously going to make you feel better if you drink enough or not at all
;)

just don't eat high fat-high carb and you're good for whatever else you're doing. exercise and you can eat most anything you want. drink lots of water.

if we're talking supplements only 3 things really do work for the normal person - protein, multivitamin and omega-3 - the rest is usually bull{censored}.

if you wanna talk about anything food/exercise related shoot me a PM

Thanks for the tips! I've been making sure to include legumes, tofu, avocodo, etc in meals to keep getting protein.

Exercising is another thing I need to get back on track with. I had a gym membership and loved it until I had to move and cancel, and never started back up again.

• Members

I don't really get why your cutting your meat in general so drastically. I stopped eating Beef in May and haven't really looked back at all. I had no real reason to cut back my beef, it something in my head was like "YOU WANNA GET HEALTHY MOTHER {censored}ER? WELL LAY OFF YOUR FRIEND THE COW." I'd like to think its made a difference. I stick to mostly Tuna or Turkey or ham for lunch and chicken, fish and lean ham for dinner.

As for staying on track, don't be a {censored}, just don't. That being said, if someone walks by with a plate of cheese or something else you love, {censored}in have one. If you deprive yourself of {censored} you like, sure your healthy and not gonna die as soon, but are you really living?

• Members

Well, I find there is a big difference between how I feel after I eat a meal containing meat and one without it. With meat, I feel heavier, bloated, tired, too full, etc. I could never go full vegan or anything like that. A still need a hamburger every couple weeks and I think that's okay. So I'm cutting back just to feel better regularly.

It's the cutting back on booze thing that I think will be the most challenging, because booze is awesome and life is terrible.

• Members

Oh what, really? Operator, this just reads the same as a post I wrote in that thread 'When does one count as being depressive'. In the course of it I discovered that I suffer from a digestion malfunction for Casein, a protein included in all forms of dairy. It connects to the brains opiate receptors and causes depression, sociophics, lazyness, tiredness etc. Since then I'm on a total dairy diet myself and it literally changed my life. I feel more powerful and healthy since I was a little kid. My gf can confirm that :cop:

• Members

Well, I find there is a big difference between how I feel after I eat a meal containing meat and one without it. With meat, I feel heavier, bloated, tired, too full, etc. I could never go full vegan or anything like that. A still need a hamburger every couple weeks and I think that's okay. So I'm cutting back just to feel better regularly.

It's the cutting back on booze thing that I think will be the most challenging, because booze is awesome and life is terrible.

you just need a new tremolo man. buy a new tremolo. or a delay.

Casein, a protein included in all forms of dairy

wouldn't explain the meat though

• Members
Oh what, really? Operator, this just reads the same as a post I wrote in that thread 'When does one count as being depressive'. In the course of it I discovered that I suffer from a digestion malfunction for Casein, a protein included in all forms of dairy. It connects to the brains opiate receptors and causes depression, sociophics, lazyness, tiredness etc. Since then I'm on a total dairy diet myself and it literally changed my life. I feel more powerful and healthy since I was a little kid. My gf can confirm that
:cop:

confusing post is confusing

Archived