who was it that was talking about ebay holding money when selling stuff?

hangwire

• Members

I'm just saying, maybe you should have ascertained this before you hit the final "OK" button to publish the listing.

yea, it said something in the fine print...that i didnt read :facepalm: 7%? 10%? :idk:

but thats ok, i'll be glad if i make any amount of money, ebay can take their cut if they help me sell it. cuz this thing aint gona sell either here on the forum or on the local CL most likely. time to open it up to the World

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^ me too. for rare and more expensive things that arent mainstream that many people havent heard of its tough to sell local. and i live in a big city like toronto with 2.5 million people, i couldnt imagine trying to sell on CL in a smaller town

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

yay! sold my first item ever on ebay. price shot up $50 bucks in the last 2 seconds, thank god for snipers or else it was gona sell for really cheap.

now comes fee rape, should be out like 20 bucks i'd think. and thank god the buyer has a 100% feedback rating and lives in canada with me so i dont have to worry about huge shipping/insurance costs.

so far so good :idk:

• Members

another update. sold the damn delayla, shipped it the same evening it sold and it arrived to the guy yesterday morning. had it tracked and all.

and now paypal/ebay is holding my moneys until February 8th apparently because i am newb seller, even though the transaction went through really smoothly and the pedal already arrived to the winner safely.

:( do you think it'll speed up the process a bit if the guy leaves me positive feedblack?

• Members

Yeah it should instantly release the funds once you get positive feedback.

Yup, or you can call PayPal and confirm with someone that it arrived. They would then release the funds. When I was a n00b seller, most of the time it would be a day or 2 after the delivery confirmation said that it was delivered that my funds were released to me.

Archived