who was it that was talking about ebay holding money when selling stuff?

hangwire

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, i hope this isn't true but i stopped selling on eBay a while back because they keep changing the rules f'n the seller and raising their prices...i hate eBay!!

Likewise.

The fees are through the roof and the seller still gets the short end of the stick...

• Members

Ebay's a pain in the neck, but stuff sells. I've had stuff sit around for a week or two on this board or TGP and I'll list it on Ebay and sell it the first try.

Ya this seems to be the case. Except I posted my Iron Horse on here 2 weeks ago and on ebay twice and no bites at all.

• Members

They started this almost a year ago. I think it's a 21-day hold OR until proof of delivery and/or buyer leaves positive feedback. Most of the time they release the funds once proof of delivery shows. You can bypass this if you have 100+ feedback as a seller.

I still sell on eBay- mostly artwork. The fees aren't as bad as a Power Seller, but they still are rough. However, they are still sales and do help spread word about my art.

• Members

I think it's only held if you're under a certain feedback number. They're really not doing much for sellers these days and about the only ones they remotely care about are power sellers.

I read that when they got their new CEO he planned to move it over to be more similar to Amazon's 3rd party seller program. They want to make it more of a buy it now site. Most of the more resent changes have been done to discourage sellers that don't sell hundreds of items per month.

• Members

I read that when they got their new CEO he planned to move it over to be more similar to Amazon's 3rd party seller program. They want to make it more of a buy it now site. Most of the more resent changes have been done to discourage sellers that don't sell hundreds of items per month.

Yes the new CEO came in when I was there, and when they started rolling out all their plans to compete with amazon, I just palmed my face so hard.

I know its a business and they want to maximise profits, but alienating the entire reason your as big as you are is {censored}ing stupid.

Archived