iPhone 4s case?

t-rey

• Members

I finally picked up a 4s. My 3g broke about 2 months ago, and I have been using a $20 no contract phone since then. So needless to say, I'm pretty effing excited.

So what is a good case for the 4s? I would like to have one with a lip in case I drop it face first.

Is anyone using screen protectors with them? The glass feels like the scratch resistant stuff, and my father in law has had a 4 without a protector for like 6 months and it doesn't have a single scratch (and he is reaaaaaaly rough on his {censored}).

Also recommend me some good apps - especially for music, recording, etc. The free-er the better.

• Members

Okay.. this a touchy subject for me.. but in my opinion cases are a freakin joke. What are you trying to protect? My wife had one of those giant cases and a screen protector.. she dropped it from her purse onto concrete and the screen shattered. I've thrown my iPhone onto concrete and have dropped it several times and it has no case or screen protector.. just got a few little dings on the plastic part between the metal and glass.

My suggestion.. forget the case and enjoy your phone..

• Members

Okay.. this a touchy subject for me.. but in my opinion cases are a freakin joke. What are you trying to protect? My wife had one of those giant cases and a screen protector.. she dropped it from her purse onto concrete and the screen shattered. I've thrown my iPhone onto concrete and have dropped it several times and it has no case or screen protector.. just got a few little dings on the plastic part between the metal and glass.

My suggestion.. forget the case and enjoy your phone..

This. IT HAS A CASE - DON'T PUT THE CASE IN THE CASE. Then you'll need to get a case for your case in case the case case needs protecting, and what about the case case case?

OK, that was drivel but the point still stands.

Just looked up the bookbook - that's the first good reason I've ever seen for anyone wanting a phone case. Looks cool too. Still think I don't want to get my wallet out as often as my phone though.

EDIT: Lifeproof means you can scuba dive with your phone! Reason number two! Although still, for everyday use? Pointless - something akin to people who wear diving watches in the office.

• Members

no case. no screen protectors. the 4/4s has a great looking slim design, I don't want crap to bulk it up and make using chargers or accessories a pain in the ass (for example, my stand only fits a bare iphone). If I needed to get a case for some reason, I'd consider an Element Case Vapor, but the new models don't come in pure unfinished aluminum anymore and have a {censored}ty plastic cap because of all the "death grip" complaints (which don't effect the 4S), so unless they make a new model that's all aluminium, no logos and just silver in colour again for the 4S, I'm not interested.

I had my 3G since launch and without a case or protectors, and there are only minor scuffs on the plastic back (most of which came from the one time I tried using a case and it got scratched taking the case off/on. got rid of the case real quick), I'm not worried.

• Members

I use a bookbook because I wanted to consolidate wallet and phone.

Love it.

that thing looks like it would be huge, like it wouldn't fit in a front pocket. I don't like the idea of sitting on all that glass. plus it makes the cameras unusable, correct? sure you could take it out of the case every time you want to use the camera, but then why have the case?

• Members

It is not big at all, as large as my last wallet. They stock them at the apple store, go look at it before you buy. (thats what I did)

To take a picture you just have to pop it out an inch or two. There is a tab at the top and it pulls out quick and easy.

I suppose if you are the type that will use their phone as their only camera, and you take pictures a lot...it's not the case for you.

• Members

It is not big at all, as large as my last wallet. They stock them at the apple store, go look at it before you buy. (thats what I did)

To take a picture you just have to pop it out an inch or two. There is a tab at the top and it pulls out quick and easy.

I suppose if you are the type that will use their phone as their only camera, and you take pictures a lot...it's not the case for you.

What about texting/typing etc? I type with two thumbs and hold mine with two hands and can't see that working with the case.

I am really interested since I try to keep my wallet as minimal as possible.

• Members
What about texting/typing etc? I type with two thumbs and hold mine with two hands and can't see that working with the case.

I am really interested since I try to keep my wallet as minimal as possible.

That's what I do

I'm not sure why you think it wouldnt work. :idk:

Archived