Epiphone 339 GAZ

Loobs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the new Epiphone look really awful in the promo shoots. I've seen some nice home pictures on the Epi forum taken by owners that look better. The 339 looks interesting but I wouldn't buy one without playing first as the Chinese Dots had really thick chunky necks, way bigger than the Korean ones, and a 339 with a similar neck to that would be a very queer beast indeed.

• Members

I happen to love Epi hollow bodies. I had a Dot which sounded great and I wish I still had it. I hear these new 339's have smaller bodies? If that's the case I am dissappointed because I think the big body is part of the charm. I upgraded my Dot with Classic '57 pickups and it sounded awesome.

In my opinion Epi offers great guitars at a fraction of the price of it's overpriced Gibson counterparts.

Speaking of, I will have one of these in my hands in two weeks. :eek:

epiphonelespaulsigf.jpg

• Members

I hear these new 339's have smaller bodies? If that's the case I am dissappointed because I think the big body is part of the charm.

Yeah, the bodies are the size of Les Pauls. I've never played a 339 but the thing I like about playing a 335-style guitar is the sheer size of the body.

• Members

I did exactly that loobs, except I put the GFS retrotrons in a dot instead. it was a pretty cool piece...the neck was a bit thick and I had to try out every natural dot in the greater LA area to find a good one.

had to sell it to fund a pitchfactor buy :/

Archived