Instant Idie Cred for Only $3200

ispunk

• Members

This just showed up on my local CL.

http://reading.craigslist.org/msg/2787809904.html

For Sale: Fender Starcaster -- semi-acoustic electric guitar serial number S709011, ca. 1978.

Color: Sunburst

This guitar was obtained as a trade at a local music shop and was played after that in a Reading-area 50's and 60's band called "Flashback" from about 1986 -- 2002. It had a few dings and scratches from the previous owner but played and sounded incredible for that genre of music. It has an asymmetrical ("offset") body, a maple fretboard, a bolt-on neck, a novel control configuration consisting of a volume and tone control for each pickup as well as a master volume control, and Fender's traditional six-on-a-side tuning pegs.

It has original Fender nickel-plated pickups with a bit of "player wear", original knobs and controls and other hardware. The only electronic part that had to be replaced was the input cord jack. The pick guard has a small crack at one corner and the guitar finish has some minor dings. The padded hardshell case is not original Fender, but is included in the package.

The Fender Starcaster was a semi-hollowbody electric guitar made by the Fender company. The Starcaster was part of Fender's attempt to enter the semi-hollowbody market, which was dominated by Gibson's ES-335 and similar designs. The Fender Starcaster model was produced from 1976 to 1982.

This is a rare, vintage example of a classic Fender semi-hollowbody electric.

$3200 OBO

More Pictures :

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

• Members

better than the $6000 white one i found in Tokyo, it was clean, but..$6000?!? it had a pic of Greenwood as well.

Man, he did his research and found a pawn shop gtr noone used, and the price shot up.

but why dont those fender ss amps he uses become uber-pricey?

• Members

better than the $6000 white one i found in Tokyo, it was clean, but..$6000?!? it had a pic of Greenwood as well.

Man, he did his research and found a pawn shop gtr noone used, and the price shot up.

Pffft, amps. No one gets their pictures taken on stage with cool amps in their hands.

:o

Because they're not nearly as rare as the Starcasters are. Frankly, we all thought they were kind of crap at the time when they were still being made, and I really don't think Fender made all that many of them - at least not compared to those solid state Fender 85 amps.

• Members

Frankly, we all thought they were kind of crap at the time when they were still being made,

This. They were pretty much considered crap at the time. Some sort of melted 335 shape with a blaspehmous bolt on neck, long scale, and pickups you couldn't swap out for Super Distortions? There was no way you were going to play Foghat with one of these.

And that doesn't even take into consideration the whole view of CBS Fender a the time.

When I was a kid they routinely went for about the same cash as the other bottom-of-the-barrel pro-quality Fender, the Jaguar.

Archived