NPDx3!!! VFE/Earthquaker/Ernie Ball

• Members

Alrighty, so over the course of the weekend, my pedals came and I've got em all pretty dialed in and things are peachy.

Had to Rearrange my board a bit, and a couple pedals went bye bye.

Went from this:

DSCN1117.jpg

To this:

DSCN1576.jpg

The new ones are the VFE Enterprise Phaser, Earthquaker Hummingbird, and Ernie Ball Wah.

VFE: Well I was used to the Malekko which is pretty different. The Malekko's sweep is HUGE and stays huge, but this one is really tweakable. Took me a bit to find the tones I like, but they're in there. I mean, just a ridiculous amount of adjustability. Super silent switch is cool too.

EQD: Definitely a fun pedal. More usable for my kind of tunes than one that does strictly vintage type tones. I like it.

Wah: This one was totally made for distorted solos. The clean sounds cool, and it can do the funky thing, but it doesn't have much quack. The tracking is also a lot more solid than a Cry Baby. I really really like it. The only thing I worry about is it coming un-velcro'd. It's pretty heavy, not ridiculous, but it would most certainly kill you if someone dropped it off a building onto your noggin.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy. Really it's an NPD x 3 and one pending because lowbrow is working on a distortion for me. The pedal with the girl's face is a dirt box he made and I liked it so much, I offered to buy it, but he liked his art on thissun so he's makin me one with a picture from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

• Members

What don't you like about the philocybe?

love the psilocybe. i'd think even if i acquired the VFE i'd still want a psilocybe. but the vfe is phase 90 based while the psilocybe is small stone based (iirc)

and its more that i just want more knobs and switches :) which are on the vfe. and the smaller footprint.

• Members

love the psilocybe. i'd think even if i acquired the VFE i'd still want a psilocybe. but the vfe is phase 90 based while the psilocybe is small stone based (iirc)

and its more that i just want more knobs and switches
:)
which are on the vfe. and the smaller footprint.

Hmmm, interesting. I like the tweakability, but it's a bit overwhelming at first. The knobs are so sensitive, and.. yeah, I guess time will tell. I might be down for a trade ifn I decide it's not the one. I do like neon green more than orange. :D

• Members

Made a very quick demo. Was just playin and found a setting I liked. Just a nice subtle thing. Here it is, dirt/no phase, dirt/phase, clean/no phase, clean/phase. Sorry it's {censored}ty and you can hear the pick, but it's late so I had to keep it quiet.

Here are the settings:
2012-01-30_22-49-37_501.jpg

hey man, i got a vfe pedal this week too!

IMGP0874.jpg

Hell yeah, the rat and the od?

• Members

coolio. thakns for the demo. sounds pretty good

Yeah, I would have liked to show some more settings, but as I saidm it was quite late and it just randomly occured to me to grab my phone and try it out. I think it could sound pretty ok if the volume were enough to drown out the danged pick clicking.

But yeah, that was just a real normal sounding setting. The feedback knob is an intense one. 12:00 is neutral, allthe way down or up is crazy. Don't much care for the cloclwise positions, seems like it makes the higher ends of the sweep a little too ridiculous. However, it can be used tastefully and a tiny knob movement goes a long way.

Archived