Still Getting Warnings From Avast Antivirus

Player99

If it's showing up on all the pages (and not just one specific page of a specific thread) then it's probably something on one of the ad servers. That URL isn't "ours" obviously. 99.99% of the time when we've had those warnings in the past, it was due to a hotlinked image that was being hosted on a site that was infected somewhere - IOW, the image itself was fine, but the site hosting it had a issue somewhere that set off the anti-virus alarms.

One thing that is interesting about this time is that everyone who has reported it to me has mentioned Avast. Anyway, I've reported the issue to IT, and I will forward this thread to them too, so if you are having an issue, this is a good place to post a report about it.

Thanks guys!

• Members

One thing that is interesting about this time is that everyone who has reported it to me has mentioned Avast. Anyway, I've reported the issue to IT, and I will forward this thread to them too, so if you are having an issue, this is a good place to post a report about it.

Thanks guys!

can you let them know about the 'go to first new post' button not working too, please? :thu:

Fixed. Thanks. It was not so much the warning as the warning bell ringing everytime I went anywhere on the HCFX. But all OK now.

Sorry about that. Apparently it was some sort of miscommunication between Avast and the ad server. There was never an actual "virus" or any malware, but the ad server kept setting it off - but only in Avast. IT has shut some stuff down so you won't get the annoying false alarms every time you go to a new page on HC.

I really appreciate everyone letting me know about it, as well as the reports on the status after we made the changes - thanks again for your help everyone! :cool:

Archived