NAD Princeton Reverb w/ Demo

guitardustin

• Members

Alright I got this yesterday but didn't have a ton of time with it, but so far it sounds awesome. It's a '68 Princeton Reverb Dripedge, so cool silver cosmetics with blackface insides supposedly...not all that concerned with the specs but I love this thing so far and it was right at what I was willing to pay.

A thought I'd attempt a little demo of it for you guys. Sorry about the crap playing I was just noodling while twisting knobs and playing with pedals and stuff. This is also the first time I've recorded since I bought a little recording setup too so feel free to critique. I'm not sure why but I feel like my mic placement is off? Well tell me whatchu think eh?

Setup was Audix i5 > Focusrite Scarlett > Garageband

Then Tele > Amp11 > AM Ardx20 > Princeton

Tele_Princeton Clip

Photo%20Feb%2029%2C%2011%2032%2022.jpg

Photo%20Feb%2029%2C%2011%2033%2017.jpg

• Members

Nice pair of vintage Fenders you have there. :phil:

Thanks Phil! I've always wanted one but every time I start the search I pretty much give up and decide it's not worth the money or time, but when you suggested it in another thread last week I started looking again and found this bad boy. In amazing condition too!

• Members

Thanks man, I've wanted one since I started playing guitar pretty much

A better pic with his black brother

DSCF2186.JPG

Bigot.

Just kidding. The clip sounds really nice. For being built only 3 years after mine it really doesn't sound like it. I don't think that's just the reverb either. Great tones though. Thanks for sharing and have fun with it!

• Members

Seems like everybody is getting rid of their twins in the LA area...that was an option but I don't really need insane amounts of volume. I saw a '64 Silverface twin up on CL for like $750 yesterday...craziness

Twins have never gone for much money - even a super clean one from the mid '60s rarely fetches more than about $1500.

• Members

Craigslist. Bill's prices are all over the place some times. I didn't see any princetons there, two weeks ago. Although, he has two vintage JMC800, they look very nice.

Yeah he's an odd one. I've had him quote me wildly different prices on the same amp from one visit to the next.

• Members

Hey thanks man. From what I understand, '68 was the first year of Silverface cosmetics and the circuit board is nearly identical so it shouldn't sound a whole lot different. It doesn't have an original speaker though

very similar but not identical. from what i've read there were some changes to most of the amps in '68. dual biasing scheme, supressor caps on the output tubes and reverb return, gain structure change in the phase inverter. but i've also read that some of those changes were only in the bigger amps. regardless..... give me your amp please and thank you.

Archived