Another "I hate housemates" thread... Missing

Kid_A

• Members

I just cant beleive people can think they can get away with this, and all for what, a few hundred quid? The amount of bad press he will get if this all unfolds how i think it will wouldnt be worth it...

people = {censored}

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was yea... but, the council tax recognises everyone in the house, so we are all in it.

When I had this problem they had all the names of the house dwellers and only one forwarding address (my parents house), cue my mum phoning to tell me that 5 demand notices for different people had dropped on the doormat :lol: Luckily it turned out that the scumbag landlord had {censored}ed up the contract and was liable for the shortfall :thu:

• Members

thats really {censored}ty. time to get your own place even if its a very
inexpensive
and small place.

In London? There's no such thing.

Whenever I've house-shared we've split bills like that (one person pays the TV/interner, one pays leccy, one pays gas, etc.) but we always payed council tax separately.

Mojo sent though brother, hope you work it out,

• Members

In London? There's no such thing.

Whenever I've house-shared we've split bills like that (one person pays the TV/interner, one pays leccy, one pays gas, etc.) but we always payed council tax separately.

Mojo sent though brother, hope you work it out,

maybe move out of a city you cant afford to live in? i dont know, im in the states and i dont live in a city at all like that. maybe my advice wasnt really applicable in this situation. :idk:

• Members

maybe move out of a city you cant afford to live in? i dont know, im in the states and i dont live in a city at all like that. maybe my advice wasnt really applicable in this situation.
:idk:

I wasn't criticizing your lack of knowledge, just pointing out that london's an expensive place to live.

Moving to another city could be a viable move (I've done it before), but if your job, family and friends are in one place you kinda want to stay there.

• Members

Dude, yeah ask him for copies of the reciept of him paying it etc.. or ask him for his bank statements so that you can prove to the taxman that its all a big misunderstanding/error on their part...

just cause your housey is getting {censored} done doesnt mean he is screwing you...

(although he probably is)

• Members

I was hoping for a Streets concept album 'a grand dont come for free' type story...

check the back of the TV!!

Maybe your reaction was a bit over the top, but i can see why. I'd more likely believe the council has made a cock up than a mate of 10 years, but these things do happen.

Archived