OT: baseball is my fav, but I do like hockey

hangwire

• Members

1c8d4b20.jpg

6-0 win for the AHL league Milwaukee Admirals [nashville's minor league club IIRC]

got to see a 5-3 powerplay goal, a shorthanded goal, and some nice crisp play for the home team - which is not the norm for minor leaguers - so good game all around to see :thu:

• Members

Tommy Shaws old wrinkly ass still gots it eh. Did they still have the spinning keyboard set up? I saw them a few years ago at a county fair. The spinning keyboard setup made me laugh but good for them keyboard players need more stage presence. :lol:

Yeah hockey games are fun beers and nachos for days.

• Members

It's been impossible to get tickets since we got the Jets back here in Winnipeg, I've only been to one game this season from tickets that I won. But luckily I have the Jets channel at home so I can watch the games from the comfort of a recliner and enjoy a couple beers that don't cost $8 a pop.

• Members

It's been impossible to get tickets since we got the Jets back here in Winnipeg, I've only been to one game this season from tickets that I won. But luckily I have the Jets channel at home so I can watch the games from the comfort of a recliner and enjoy a couple beers that don't cost $8 a pop.

they have their own channel?

• Members

they have their own channel?

Yep, it's $10 a month and they show every game that's not on TSN or CBC, so basically 80% of games. It's pretty rad because we have great announcers and they do a pre game and post game show, best $10 a month I could possibly spend.

• Members

Yep, it's $10 a month and they show every game that's not on TSN or CBC, so basically 80% of games. It's pretty rad because we have great announcers and they do a pre game and post game show, best $10 a month I could possibly spend.

That is actually kind of weird. First I've actually heard of a major sports team not being broadcast like that on a regular basic cable channel in its market.

If you can get that tacked on to the cheapest cable deal you can get it would be a pretty good deal. I would be extremely happy if I could get just the first 12 channels and a Pens channel for an extra $10 instead of having to get 100 channels of bull{censored} just to have the fox sports affiliate.

• Members

the Wild are just frusterating.

MMA is the only sport i truly care about anymore. I watch hockey 50% of the time for the fights/hits/badblood. might as well just watch the real {censored}ing thing.

Definitely a rough year for the Wild, such a good start to the season too. And MMA is my number 2 sport, love it but hockey will always be number one to me.

• Members

I used to watch Norfolk Admirals games in the early 00's when I was stationed in Norfolk. A lot of the players would play in the adult A league in chesapeake during the summer and were really cool guys. I wish we had the AHL back west. Sadly we only have WHL which is pretty lame since it's Jr hockey. Hopefully Seattle gets a new arena and an NHL team so I don't have to pay out the ass and drive all the way to Vancouver see some pro hockey.

Good times.

• Members

I used to watch Norfolk Admirals games in the early 00's when I was stationed in Norfolk. A lot of the players would play in the adult A league in chesapeake during the summer and were really cool guys. I wish we had the AHL back west. Sadly we only have WHL which is pretty lame since it's Jr hockey. Hopefully Seattle gets a new arena and an NHL team so I don't have to pay out the ass and drive all the way to Vancouver see some pro hockey.

Good times.

When we visit Vancouver it will hopefully include a NHL game, and a minor league baseball game

Archived