OT: baseball is my fav, but I do like hockey

hangwire

• Members

I used to watch Norfolk Admirals games in the early 00's when I was stationed in Norfolk. A lot of the players would play in the adult A league in chesapeake during the summer and were really cool guys. I wish we had the AHL back west. Sadly we only have
WHL
which is pretty lame since it's Jr hockey. Hopefully Seattle gets a new arena and an NHL team so I don't have to pay out the ass and drive all the way to Vancouver see some pro hockey.

Good times.

that's a good league (I played in it), that's where the NHL gets their players, the best go straight to the NHL, the marginal to the minor leagues or Europe. it's really looking like Seattle might be getting a team, that would be an amazing rivalry for Vancouver and Seattle.

• Members

That is actually kind of weird. First I've actually heard of a major sports team not being broadcast like that on a regular basic cable channel in its market.

If you can get that tacked on to the cheapest cable deal you can get it would be a pretty good deal. I would be extremely happy if I could get just the first 12 channels and a Pens channel for an extra $10 instead of having to get 100 channels of bull{censored} just to have the fox sports affiliate.

The Hawks didn't broadcast regular season home games til 2008.

It was unbelievably {censored}ty. Worst owner ever.

• Members

Although I might be willing to trade the Vikings for the Packers...

I'm meh on football, so I don't care, but I don't know if it would be historically right to tear down the stadium - maybe change the range of the teams location to be more inclusive???

The Wiscsota packers? The Minniconsin packers?

Archived