Any of yous gig with a JCA20H?

Loobs

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would get some crazy shag carpet and cover it with that.

I'm gonna paint mine white. With white chicken head knobs and a metal grill. For the buttrawks.

But yeah...they aren't the prettiest amps on the market. Looks like they are revising the cosmetics in the near future though.

• Members

AORs are incredible sounding amps. People always say they're basically a modded JCM800, but they're really not at all. Completely different circuit.

A couple of things:

1) They sound GREAT

2) They're ridiculously cheap

3) They're ugly as hell

4) They're actually quite poorly built

5) points 1 and 2 more than make up for points 3 and 4

• Members

not as cheap as this JCA20H though.

good deal. I've played through one of these heads only briefly, but was quite impressed. Maybe even more so now that i've found out what they cost. Lugging around a cab will be difficult in London though, i expect!

• Members

AORs are incredible sounding amps. People always say they're basically a modded JCM800, but they're really not at all. Completely different circuit.

A couple of things:

1) They sound GREAT

3) They're ugly as hell

But nearly everything I have read about them, people say they are like JCM800s with more girth... I couldnt think of anything id want more than one of these now... so what do they sound like? I dont have access to Youtube at the mo so just going on what im reading.

• Members

A couple of things:

1) They sound GREAT

3) They're ugly as hell

Yeah, I hear good things. Daz, you eyeing that one on Music Radar for

• Members

They're weird amps, very strange design as far as the circuit goes. They've got absolutely massive amounts of low end if you want it, because they have a push/pull bass boost. They do have roughly the same amount of gain as an 800, but I wouldn't say they necessarily sound that alike. I guess they're roughly in the same ballpark in that they're british flavoured.

The AOR clean channel is one of the best I've ever heard. It has so much headroom you can't believe. That said, they're not all that loud by themselves, but with a boost you can get into serious high volume territory. The fact they have so much headroom means you can run a boost to increase the volume and it won't actually overdrive the amp much if any at all. Basically the perfect pedal platform but you may want a boost to get you clean tones to the desired volume for gigging.

Archived