This is what I'm doing today.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hahahahaha.

I recently had my Musicmaster at the space and our drummer asked, "What are you going to do with that little thing?"

And then I hit an open dropped C chord with both Superleads, the green Muff and the Creepy Fingers Sugar Boost.

Kablamakus.

• Members
Seems like they would be a little flubby...especially if you're tuning down.
:confused:

From the scale lenght? Nah, otherwise Gibby's wouldn't be downtuned.

From the pickup? Again not so sure...they (the lower end Fenders) tend to lack both highs AND lows, so the overall effect is a midddy pickup.
Nothing wrong with that in sludgecore.

• Members

From the scale lenght? Nah, otherwise Gibby's wouldn't be downtuned.

From the pickup? Again not so sure...they (the lower end Fenders) tend to lack both highs AND lows, so the overall effect is a midddy pickup.

Nothing wrong with that in sludgecore.

little bit of both

The Musicmaster (aka Music Master, depending on the year) came in three main versions. The first is visually similar to the current Squier Classic Vibe Duo Sonic - a non-offset body, 22.5" scale length and single neck pickup. It was Fender's first student model guitar, and was introduced in the mid-1950s. In late 1964, when the Mustang was introduced, the Musicmaster II was also released. These came with a choice of a 24" or 22.5" scale neck, an offset body (identical to the Mustang's) and a reshaped (Mustang-stye) pickguard.

In 1977-78, the pickguard and control cover were changed; the shape of it was changed to a Fender Bronco styled pickguard, which is what we see on Christian's guitar. By this point, the 22.5" scale length had been discontinued. Christian's guitar has a 22 fret, 24" scale neck. Many Mustang / Duo Sonic II / Musicmaster players move "up" one string gauge heavier than they'd normally use on a Strat or Tele - using 11's instead of 10's or whatever. This compensates for the lower tension and different "feel" from the slightly shorter scale length. If you're going to down-tune, then I would recommend going to an even heavier string gauge - 12's would be a good idea IMO... but the guitar can "handle it" just fine. :)

Archived