OT: Tobacco Pipe Smokers?

Jisatsu

• Members

I got some handcrafted oak pipe on the cheap from etsy last year. I also have a plain jane half-decent pipe. I like any loose leaf tobacco really. I'm not too knowledgeable in types of tobacco but it all tastes good to me. Aside from the usual Bugler tobacco that I smoke, I enjoy a cigar or pipe from time to time. Very relaxing, leisurely activity.

• Members
meerschaum pipes
:thu:

I was looking into these, and am worried about how fragile they are. There are definately a lot of nice meerschaum pipes out there though, and they don't seem all that expensive considering.

• Members

As much as I like a cigar, I enjoy pipes a lot more. It's a neat process; breaking in a new pipe, caking the bowl and whatnot. Smooth and aromatic mmmmm. You should try it out man!

• Members

I use a Fero pipe. They're relatively inexpensive considering some of the $2-300 pipes out there. Mine was $40. It takes the 6mm filter which is pretty common. I used to use the paper filters, but just discovered the balsa wood filters that way nicer to use for me. I can go several smokes longer, and it doesn't clog up like the paper filter. I usually change my filter every morning before work. Smoke about 6-7 times a day.

As a regular smoker, I have to have a filter. I just end up sucking up tar by the end of the day without one.

If you've got a pipe tobacco shop near you, chances are they blend their own tobaccos. Part of the fun is trying out new flavors. There are a ton. Typically I smoke Prince Albert's Cherry Vanilla. It's pretty mild, and low tar. If I have the money, I go for Middleton's Wineberry. That's the tastiest tobacco I've ever had.

• Members

I was looking into these, and am worried about how fragile they are. There are definately a lot of nice meerschaum pipes out there though, and they don't seem all that expensive considering.

don't think of them as fragile like a piece of china, more like a 50's telecaster. it can take abuse if you choose to mistreat it, but then again how much, and why would you do it in the first place?

you'll notice the difference when smoking right away, plus you can usually find some nice old ones for next to nothing and all you have to do is buy a new stem to avoid cooties. if you do look for previously owned pipes, vienna had the most skilled craftsmen.

• Members

I just have a plain jane briar that I love, and as a very frequent cigar smoking I can safely say you have to view them as two different mediums.

What kind of cigars do you like?

Just had this today:

LFD-Colorado-Oscuro.jpg

I've found I like virginia burleys a lot.

I'm a fan of cohiba and romio and juliets honestly. I did recently try an Arturo Fuente that a friend recommend and it was pretty nice for the price.

Archived