Tell me about the RE-20

Snufkino

• Members

I thought the El Cap sounded good, but it sounded more like a digital delay with modulation to me. The RE-20 does sound more tape-like and is a very accurate emulation of the RE-201 I used to own.

so if given the choice of both you would keepkept the RE-20?

• Members

:thu:

Shouldn't be an issue though, as I'd be predominantly using it with a POG. And/or fuzz.

*saves up pennies for COSM smells and repeats*

fuzz was what the problem was. my mastotron couldn't be as loud as my clean signal without clipping the re-20

• Members

If you want a delay that sounds like a tape delay, the re20 does that. It sounds just like an re201.

If you want a delay with multitap functions, tap tempo, and a two band eq to get bright or dark repeats and everything in between, the re20 is your girl.

If you want someone to kick you in the taint, ill put my docs on and be right over.

• Members

I had an RE-20 for a month. I ultimately got rid of it because it was never truly off. That level knob was always affecting my signal. That bugged me to no end. Otherwise, I thought it was a pretty good delay and reverb box. If I were someone that always used Reverb or Delay, always, then you are good to go. But, there are better individual delay and reverb pedals out there, with more options, using less room.

Archived