Carl Martin Delayla XL

EH Memory Boy

Malekko Wolftone helium

EH Bass Micro Synth

EQD Grand Orbiter

EH Graphic Fuzz XO

EH English Muff'n

EH Tube Zipper

the DD-7 seems pretty cool....Can it do more/less than the DD-20?

• Members

I have yet to try a DD7 out but I generally hear good things. If it is your first foreay into the digital delay dark side, it's probably a good place to start.

I have actually always been intrigued by the Carl Martin Delayla, you should check that one out and let me know if it's any good. :p

• Members

My gut tells me to go with the RE-20.....but I wish you could toggle the reverb and delay separately. As in, wish it could do reverb solo, then add delay when needed. Wouldn't need a separate reverb.

The DD-7 seems like a lot of pedal in a little package.....nearly as much as the DD-20. I think you gain a little more control over various parameters with the DD-20....:idk:

Think I had a DD-3 or DD-5 in the past, and hated it compared to the analog type delays (DE7). So I'm not sure I'm a digital guy, but from what I've heard of the DD-7 & the DD-20 has been good.

Ha. Yeah, they have the Delayla and the Delayla XL.......the whole "second tape head" seems to be a very pleasing sound. :love: They have a lot less options, but a richer tone.

• Members

Or I could stick with the SMMWH. :D

I think the DD7 or DD-20 would suit me just fine.

A little bit of everything, tap tempo, exp. pedal option, analog, modulation (basic), and rugged.

The RE-20 seems like it's more up my alley, but the reverb thing bothers me a little.....as I would already have reverb on my board for non-delayed tones....I suppose I wouldn't HAVE to use the reverb, but seems like a waste.

If any of my gear for sale would sell.....I'd easily choose the Empress VM Superdelay over those.

• Members

It's funny how my "needs" have evolved from a simple delay that features tap tempo to a delay with all of the bells and whistles.

I was also tempted to go with a Nova Delay for sale here, and go an entirely different direction with my store credit. :lol:

Indecision at it's worse.

• Members

ND is a good choice man, simple and straight forward for the most part.

The plan was to not use my store credit for a delay, get other cool things, and then just buy a delay straight out.

Which is what I did......used tortuga martini chorus/vibe(which I think is similar to a univibe:idk:), and a cheap Boss HM-2 (see the prices of these on eBay :eek:)......then buy a Nova Delay......of course, the one I had my eye on sold. :D

Seems like destiny is keeping me from a tap tempo delay. :lol::facepalm:

• Members

The plan was to not use my store credit for a delay, get other cool things, and then just buy a delay straight out.

Which is what I did......used tortuga martini chorus/vibe(which I think is similar to a univibe:idk:), and a cheap Boss HM-2 (see the prices of these on eBay
:eek:
)......then buy a Nova Delay......of course, the one I had my eye on sold.
:D

Seems like destiny is keeping me from a tap tempo delay.
:lol::facepalm:

Lol. Man, overall it sounds like it worked out though. Check out the Sweetwater iB ND man, you could snag one for a decent price.

• Members

Tortuga martini and HM-2 showed up today.

Both surprised me in different ways.

The martini is more than I expected for just a vibe/chorus pedal. Very good sounds from subtle to crazy.

The HM-2 can easily sound {censored}ty, but it can also sound like nothing else. Fuzzy distortion that completely changes your tone. Great for leads, great for low gain chords, great for that 90s {censored}ty rock tone. Not a metal guy so:o

5f748e6b.jpg

• Members

I have to say, EGX is my fave pedal co. I do have a Fetish for them. I have a Memory Man with Gazarai, Holy Grail Reverb, Holy Stain, English Muffin, POG2 ( insert angel noises) and yesterday got the Ravish. Of them, the Holy Stain is the only one that disappoints, but more because so much of what it does I have in other pedals. The Ravish is crazy fun, but I don't ever pretend to have a grip on it, but that did not keep me from playing for an hour last night in drone mode, tuned to open E. I have an Akai Headrush that has npme really scratching my head. I did my first solo gig today in 20 years and really wanted to use it live, ala KT Tunstall, but can't figure out the routing, and, the gain seems really weak. I was actually going to post a separate thread with my layout to see if some one would offer up a diagram for me. It's weird, as much as I know about IT cabling, packet routing,etc, bussing on mixers always leaves me tangled.

And, nPD. Once you get it sorted, that pedal is a keeper.

Archived