Bayern Munich: Who's your daddy?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored} this {censored}.

I blame the loss on Robben (as always)

Robben couldn't finish, but he played pretty well overall. Not as bad as Ribery or Gomez. To be fair, 95% of that game, Chelsea looked like the 6th best team in the Premier League, and Bayern should have won. But Drogba stepped up when it counted.

• Members

I was rooting for Bayern as well... they deserved it more.... I think there's many people to blame. Penalty on the post by Schweinsteiger, going into defense after scoring, Robben missing the penalty kick (he's Dutch, what were they thinking), etc... overall they were building the pressure but couldn't finish the job. Incredibly close game...

• Members

Robben couldn't finish, but he played pretty well overall. Not as bad as Ribery or Gomez. To be fair, 95% of that game, Chelsea looked like the 6th best team in the Premier League, and Bayern should have won. But Drogba stepped up when it counted.

True. Overall a good game by Robben...should've made the penalty though :cop:

I hope Schweinsteiger, Gomez, etc. bounce back from this tough loss. We need motivated guys for Euro 2012 :)

• Members
Rubbish final, great result purely as it means Tottenham won't be in the Champions League next season
:)

:thu::thu::thu:

I like to see the wind taken out of Spurs sails. Chelsea were damn lucky.
It looks as though DiMatteo will still be on the out despite the job he's done.

• Members

{censored}e year for a United fan -- Chelsea, Liverpool, City all win something...surprised Leeds didn't get promoted too. ( Not complaining too much though because we did better than I thought we would in the table).

Only things good about that final was Robben {censored}ing up and that {censored}wad Terry not getting a chance to lift the cup. Gotta give it up for Drogba..I hate him but man, he was great!

Schweinsteiger really captured the feel of the C.Ronaldo stutter step choke penalty.

• Members

Credit to Cole aswell, he was on fire.

Respect to Drogba though, no one can slate him tonight

yeah Cole was awesome tonight too. I'm a Chelsea fan, but watching the game I was constantly struck by the feeling of "damn, the only players we've got out there who seem to belong in this game are Cole and Drogba, and they're on the downside of their careers." Doesn't look good for the future. But at least we got this one.

• Members

This. Robben is Bayerns Lebron. Chelsea was outplayed, outshot, and just plain lucky.

Chelsea were statistically "dominated", as they were against Barcelona.. but they still came out on top. I don't buy into the arguments that demand teams play "pretty" football. Didn't do Barcelona much good. Chelsea knew what they were doing, and as such won the Champions league. Sure, there was a bit of luck and lots of poor finishing, but still a deserved victory.

Archived