Bayern Munich: Who's your daddy?

• Members

{censored}e year for a United fan -- Chelsea, Liverpool, City all win something...surprised Leeds didn't get promoted too. ( Not complaining too much though because we did better than I thought we would in the table).

Only things good about that final was Robben {censored}ing up and that {censored}wad Terry not getting a chance to lift the cup. Gotta give it up for Drogba..I hate him but man, he was great!

Schweinsteiger really captured the feel of the C.Ronaldo stutter step choke penalty.

How can anyone be surprised by Leeds not getting promoted? They replaced two midfielders one of whom is playing in the premiership with Michael Brown who then took 6 months to start playing like a footballer. They sold two of their best players without buying replacements. Bates said the team was good enough to go up and then brought Warnock in who immediately said they weren't good enough. Snodgrass and McCormack could leave this summer, another disaster.

Warnock wants to get business done early yet Bates is already giving excuses as to why we won't sign anyone (blaming the Olympics) but hey ho we've got new corporate facilities and eventually we'll have a hotel in BEESTON! Life is good right?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How can anyone be surprised by Leeds not getting promoted? They replaced two midfielders one of whom is playing in the premiership with Michael Brown who then took 6 months to start playing like a footballer. They sold two of their best players without buying replacements. Bates said the team was good enough to go up and then brought Warnock in who immediately said they weren't good enough. Snodgrass and McCormack could leave this summer, another disaster.

Warnock wants to get business done early yet Bates is already giving excuses as to why we won't sign anyone (blaming the Olympics) but hey ho we've got new corporate facilities and eventually we'll have a hotel in BEESTON! Life is good right?

I think he was just saying it was surprising because everything went right for the other United rivals

• Members

Don't worry, at least I know how you feel :(

• Members

I thought Terry and Lampard lifted it together? You can't see Terry though as Bosingwa was in the way!

oh...I turned the tv off as soon as the goal went in so I wouldn't have to watch them celebrate and then I saw the pic on Guardian website where Terry is hidden.

• Members

This. Robben is Bayerns Lebron. Chelsea was outplayed, outshot, and just plain lucky.

I don't watch NBA often but isn't Lebron James something like Basketballs Lionel Messi?

The Game today was pretty lame.

I'm just happy that Bayern didn't win anything this year.

Dortmund would have killed chelsea today.

They win the CL anyway next year.

• Members

Dortmund would have killed chelsea today.

They win the CL anyway next year.

I doubt that very much. My money would be on Real Madrid (another years of spending and Mourinho is getting them better each year. I could also take a flyer on Man City now that they are learning to win and they will certainly add to their rooster with another whack of the cream of the crop players. I would love to see a team like Dortmund win but I just don't see it happening.

• Members

Schweinsteiger should have shot the penalty in extra time... I mean who the f. is Robben thinking he is?

Doesn't Robben usually take Bayern's penalties? He took (and scored!) the one in the semi-final against Real. :idk:

It's always easy in hindsight to say another player should have taken it.

When Messi missed his against Chelsea, I wonder how many people said Xavi should have taken it instead...

• Members

Well, other than the first 80 minutes..

The champions of Europe captained by a man awaiting a criminal trial.. what a great ambassador for the sport!

+1...

Did you listen to 606? Seems the majority of England callers didn't want him in the stadium, much less on the pitch in a jersey hoisting the cup.

As to Schweinsteiger, he can always win it with Arsenal next ...... almost made it without breaking down in laughter.:p

Schweingsteiger may of missed his penalty but he scores with this on a nightly basis....so he ain't doing too bad~

sarah-brandner-si.jpg

• Members

I'm genuinely intrigued to see where Chelsea go next season. Especially since it's been reported that Torres is wanting talks with management about his future.

I think next season the likes of Lukaku, De Bryne and Bertrand should feature more heavily in the squad. I'd also be interested to see David Luiz push up a bit more, as he was effective in that role against QPR last year where Chelsea went down to 9 men. (and watching him play CB makes me squirm)

• Members

The game itself was a huge disappointment but the last ten minutes, extra time, and penalties were good viewing. It's funny to think that Terry, Drogba, Le Tessier, and Lampard could all be out soon. Terry is a wank so I'll be glad to see the back of him.
Can't believe how poor Gomez was for Bayern though. He should have done better.

Archived