going to london

thezeng

• Members

over the end of june to beginning of july

what should i check out bros?

any cheap 2nd hand pedal parlours?

definitely going to check out stonehenge.. planning to catch the stone roses at heaton park and go to anfield

• Members

Charley Chandlers Guitar Experience in Hampton Wick is worth a visit. Always some nice used gear in there.........Not cheap though!

IMO Denmark Street is a bit over rated but worth a look if your in the area.

• Members

I'll be at the Heaton Park gig too (the Friday) - The Stone Roses are playing a charity school gig tonight in Warrington: I'm waiting for the cameraphone videos to hit YouTube in the morning.

You won't find any bargains in London guitar shops.

• Members

Best guitar stores are in the London Suburbs/home counties -

Chandler Guitars in Kew

Charlie Chandlers Guitar Xperience in Hampton Wick over the river from Kingston

Guitar Guitar in Epsom

Peach nr. Braintree, Essex

Coda Music, in Stevenage, Hertforshire.

In Denmark St, even Vintage & Rare has gone downhill. Used to have an awesome pedal selection but now Joe (the guy who took care of all that) has left it's gone downhill quite a bit. Wunjo is worth a look, everyone seems to think it's great, and sometimes they have some cool stuff but I always feel like a lot of their stuff is a) just tat or b) or dubious origin and c) extremely overpriced.

The DS stores trade on beginners/non-experienced players/tourists and generally people not so in the know. It's ok to browse but best left there, if you ask me. Way better stores accessible by a reasonable train journey. Hit me up via PM if you need any help or other recommendations: restaurants/bars etc.

All a bit of a journey, but worth it.

• Members

The only 2 shops that are good to see on denmark street are:

a) wunjo's. You can still haggle and find some oddities, most of the rest of the street is crap or overpriced.

b) Angel Music Guitars. It's a bit hidden (above a shop, you need to be buzzed in) but they have an awesome selection and are still some of the best prices on the street. Lots of SF fender amps, Gibson guitars, weird stuff and vintage guitars. Def worth a look, not much pedals though.

Pedal wise, You'll be better off looking online on gumtree, you can find some great bargains on UK's gumtree.

• Members

Cheapest drinks, not necessarily good drinks though.
;)

London is an amazing city, you're gonna have a blast.

c'mon now.... samuel smith stout at John Snow pub is pretty good!!!

plus... you could pop by my neighbourhood and have a pint o' guiness at sir Ian gandalf's pub in limehouse!

• Members

Two really nice sam smiths in Holbon, not as cheap, but amazing places. The champion off Oxford Street's pretty special too.

I love how there are no real brands too, their own cola, etc.

The only logo I've ever recognised in there is the Fair Trade logo, which made me smile.

Archived