SUPEREGO

• Members

I talked with tech support yesterday. They are checking into issue #1 and getting back to me. As for #2, there is in fact a threshold on the input in auto mode. It will take some getting used to but it's not terrible. A sensitivity knob would be a good idea. I asked if there is a trim pot to control that and they told me there is not.

Also, it appears that it is not just a volume thing. When you roll off your tone it takes considerably harder strumming/picking. So it seems to be triggering on a volume/pick attack threshold.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The trigger on the Superego was set to give the best performance using a wide variety of different guitar pickups and playing styles.
Its tricky as if the input is set to high it will false trigger.
Guitar is a percussive instrument which makes it VERY hard to follow due to all the extraneous noises produced when playing.
You can over ride by increasing the input gain with a booster of any kind.
Bill

• Members

The latency you're hearing is set by the speed knob I believe. I thnk I remember the manual saying in latch mode the speed knob affects both the fade out time and the fade in time. Hence, for virtually no latency set it at zero but anything above zero will have latency (more like a short swell).

Edit: I might have the speed and gliss knobs mixed up. Sorry

• Members

can someone confirm the whether latency in latch mode is normal?EHX hasn't gotten back to me about it.

Yes that is normal in that mode which is the stacking mode.

You will hear it most when the dry signal is removed.

At 50/50 wet and dry it should just ghost in under the regular signal.

(In Latch mode, this knob is a layer control. The layer control adjusts the volume of the previously latch-sampled sound. Turn this knob fully CCW and only the newly latched samples will be heard. Set to fully CW, previously latched samples will not decrease in volume and newly latched samples will be added to the existing sound.)

Bill

• Members

NO I am talking about time NOT gliss.
It takes time to sample and truncate the signal and that's the latency you are hearing.
Its there and its normal.
If the signal wet to dry is equal the latency should not be a big issue as its just a mimic of the original signal where the attack IS heard.

Archived