SUPEREGO

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He meant if it isn't cutting edge material like Six Acre Lake; it aint music.

Being on the "cutting edge" has nothing to do with it. Hey if you want to make your guitar sound like all the worst preset sounds from a Casio keyboard released in 1985 then the Superego is for you.

• Members

Being on the "cutting edge" has nothing to do with it. Hey if you want to make your guitar sound like all the worst preset sounds from a Casio keyboard released in 1985 then the Superego is for you.

Preset sounds from a Casio keyboard released in 1985? Ain't no granular synthesis in preset sounds from a Casio keyboard released in 1985 nothin'.

• Members

Nah, you guys are doing it wrong. This is what EHX should have released in the first place when they released the freeze. My only gripe is that the gliss is not expression pedal-controllable like it is on the HOG.

By itself, yeah, the gliss sounds cheesy, but properly layered/effected, it's pretty musical (yes, even if you hate ambient). Of course, the simplest application is for ambient, but there are plenty of other musical contexts for which this pedal is useful.

• Members

one time i listened to a demo of some guy playing some tired blues solo through a fuzz pedal

i turned it off and was like "LOOKS LIKE ALL YOU CAN DO IS PLAY TIRED BLUES SOLOS WITH THIS PEDAL."

true story

• Members

one time i listened to a demo of some guy playing some tired blues solo through a fuzz pedal

i turned it off and was like "LOOKS LIKE ALL YOU CAN DO IS PLAY TIRED BLUES SOLOS WITH THIS PEDAL."

true story

Eagerly awaiting your chip tune demo including the Superego.

True story.

• Members

HCFX board users complaining that new pedal designs suck because everyone else that browses HCFX is too uncreative to use it in a creative manner is sort of like showing up at a Tool show as a fan of Tool and complaining the whole time about Tool fans.

I'm trying to teach your son about the universe.

• Members

Meh
:idk:
Sounds like it's going to inspire a million more boring 6 minute soundscapes that people will claim to be "songs"

Six minutes?!? You aint a true droner until you've done at least one 40 minute track...

I like the Super Ego. It's an improvement on the Freeze, but if you already got one of those, the Auto function isn't worth upgrading for.

The ability to layer in latch mode is very good though...

• Members

This thread has many posts that reveal a staggering limitedness of vision and scope for how instruments are used in arrangements. As if buying a Superego automatically transforms any recording into Yanni. Seriously guys, expand your pallets a bit. There is more world out there beyond your dirt pedal and bedroom jams.

• Members

Six minutes?!? You aint a true droner until you've done at least one 40 minute track...

I like the Super Ego. It's an improvement on the Freeze, but if you already got one of those, the Auto function isn't worth upgrading for.

The ability to layer in latch mode is very good though...

Honestly, just being able to kill the dry signal means a lot, too. I think EHX kinda {censored}ed up with the Freeze by not having a knob for the dry level.

• Members

It does to me.
I added a phase to make it more "Ye"s like.
The local music store here in the Chicago suburbs had one when the first came out.
I would go in and play it all the time.
It was funky with the big plastic floppy records it would play.
The bandwidth was limited due to the fact the audio was optical much like the audio track on old 16 mm films.

• Members

so, after playing with this for a week, I have some questions - wondering if the following behaviors are limited to just my pedal or it's just the way it is for all of them. Other superego owners try these settings and let me know your results:

1. in latch mode, with speed set anywhere above 0, gliss anywhere in the lower range, and dry and effect both at noon, I get some latency in the effected signal - it ducks out and brings it back up quickly - almost like a delay then hold.

2. in Auto mode, I find that it won't track all of my notes or strums. It's inconsistent - especially on the lower notes I find I have to pick harder that I usually do for the effect to engage. For example, if I am running through a scale it will miss some of the notes if I don't pick hard enough, like there is some kind of volume threshold on the input in this mode.

• Members

so, after playing with this for a week, I have some questions - wondering if the following behaviors are limited to just my pedal or it's just the way it is for all of them. Other superego owners try these settings and let me know your results:

1. in latch mode, with speed set anywhere above 0, gliss anywhere in the lower range, and dry and effect both at noon, I get some latency in the effected signal - it ducks out and brings it back up quickly - almost like a delay then hold.

2. in Auto mode, I find that it won't track all of my notes or strums. It's inconsistent - especially on the lower notes I find I have to pick harder that I usually do for the effect to engage. For example, if I am running through a scale it will miss some of the notes if I don't pick hard enough, like there is some kind of volume threshold on the input in this mode.

This second part has me concerned: no sensitivity settings. A good gate or envelope filter has them... Where are they here? It will only trigger after passing an (un)certain volume threshold, so this is why it skips notes. Possible internal trimpot? Or use a compressor b4?

Still saving space for it though.

Archived