Moogerfooger owners

boytbpc

• Members

I had a bunch of stuff not being used, so I figured I'd trade some of it for other stuff I probably won't use. :p

Have a Moogerfooger Low Pass Filter and Ring Modulator in the mail. Probably will keep my eyes open for a few others, Cluster Flux especially.

Anyone else use any Moogerfoogers?

I was thinking of running the output of my octave pedal into the carrier in of the ring mod and the direct out of the octave to the input of the ring mod. That should give me frequency tracking on the ring mod, eh?

• Members

:wave:

6295680721_b5c1eb8431_b.jpg

Yes what you described should work. Although wouldn't you want the direct out as the carrier? So you can hear the octaves as you play?

Don't forget to use the envelope out of the LPF and you can have some awesome envelope controlled effects.

• Members

I have the Murf and the ringmod and they are really amazing. It sounds wanky, but you should think of them as sound sculpting devices rather than specific effects (i.e. the 102 as a trem/RM or the 12 stage phaser as a regular phaser). You have to be willing to let the device guide what you do with it to some extent.

Let me know how you go with the LPF, I'm thinking to snapping one up soon.

• Members

Is the Low Pass Filter the only one with the envelope generator? Also, mhux, how do you like the CP-251? It seems like an awesome tool. I'm also realizing the need for patch cables of different colors. :)

• Members

I also have the Murf and ringmod. The Murf doesn't get a lot of use these days but the ring mod is probably my favorite pedal ever. I had the LPF at one point, it was actually my first fooger, but for some reason I stupidly sold it. I'd like to try out the delay to see why everybody raves about it.

• Members

the murf is awesome....not only for the animated frequency generator, but just as a really extreme EQ. the first "animation" setting is a static EQ, so you just use the sliders to sculpt the sound. really easy to cop Brian May tones or other squawky sounds. add an expression pedal to the B bank and you can have some really jittery fun sounds.

the CP251 is a necessity, but you can definitely get some sounds with it you couldn't otherwise achieve. its great for sculpting the waves controlling the CV inputs (its just a CV controller).

• Members

i already have the MF Delay. Its the tits for sure. I love that thing. I really want a cluster flux BADLY. I just keep waiting for one to pop up on ebay for teh cheapz. I also would love to have a MuRF, but thats about it. I have no need for a LPF or RM... :idk:

• Members

the ring mod is an amazing trem as well. probably one of the best i've played.

and i didn't think i'd find the LPF useful either until i played it. great sound sculpting tool because of the resonant peak at the cutoff.

the cluster flux probably won't be cheap at all...they're $559 new & still fairly "new" to the scene (unlike all the others)...i'd be surprised if you found one less than $400.

• Members

I have the Murf and the ringmod and they are really amazing. It sounds wanky, but you should think of them as sound sculpting devices rather than specific effects (i.e. the 102 as a trem/RM or the 12 stage phaser as a regular phaser). You have to be willing to let the device guide what you do with it to some extent.

Let me know how you go with the LPF, I'm thinking to snapping one up soon.

Have you got both the Bass MuRF and regular MuRF yet?

• Members

Have you got both the Bass MuRF and regular MuRF yet?

I do, I was thinking of writing up a thread about the differences. Not sure if I'm going to find the time though.

The TL;DR version is that they are both great. The Bass version is definitely darker and more 'throaty', but there are a few issues that make it a bit less ideal than the guitar version. One issue is that the mix knob goes from almost no wet at noon to almost no dry at 9. Also the levels jump all over the place between the pedal being on and it being off. The murf's drive and output controls are really handy for resolving this, but like I said, not really ideal.

Going to sell the bass version pretty soon I think.

• Members

i've owned all the moogers (except freqbox and cluster). i ended up selling everything except the delay, lpf, and cp251. the rm and phaser are both definitely cool, i just used the rm for trem--but i use my savage amp trem for that. the phaser is cool too, just at the time was preferring simpler phase toanz.

[video=youtube;qER43AuIBJ8]

[video=youtube;uxl_xLSfn0M]

[video=youtube;LZMuuNOAzgo]

• Members

i got just pack of Hosa trs patch cables. i think they were pretty cheap. probably don't need that many--but you will if you ever get a cp251.

The CP251 looks pretty powerful. I was ruing the price of the Analog Delay when I realized that the Analogman ARDX20 has a lot of CV in functionality. I'm excited to see if the Moogerfoogers and the ARDX20 work together.

• Members

The CP251 looks pretty powerful. I was ruing the price of the Analog Delay when I realized that the Analogman ARDX20 has a lot of CV in functionality. I'm excited to see if the Moogerfoogers and the ARDX20 work together.

They should work together just fine (along with any other CV/synth gear). Never played the ardx20--but the Moog has more delay time--and has CV for the Mix which is actually one of the cooler CV apps IMHO.

• Members

The ARDX20 has CV for the level and delay time, but not the feedback. With the Amazeo, you also can control the level and intensity of modulation with CV.

I've read that different CV gear sometimes use different voltages. I'm pretty sure the Moog ones are +/- 5V.

I have the LPF, Ring Mod, non-midi Murf, z-Delay, and the Clusterflux. All of them are fantastic for what they do. And they do alot. But... you have to really want what they do to justify spending so much.

I haven't gotten to play too much with the CV controls because frankly, if you don't have the CP or some other method of modifying the the CV, the basic ins and outs on the pedals (at least the ones I have) don't lead to very many useful possibilities. The basic output is a simple sine wave. You can control the frequency, but not much else. That said, I've read and watched videos of using them with the CP, and it can get pretty amazing. But that's another $$$.

Archived