Best looper for "in between songs"

Mikoo69

• Members

I'm looking for a looper so that I can record weird sounds/samples and play them between songs when we play live, so if I have to tune, we don't stand there in silence for 20 seconds.

Right now, I think I am going to go for the Zvex Lofi Loop Junky, though am open to other suggestions. I like that it's an all analog signal path, and won't mess with my tone when off. I don't see myself needing more than 20 seconds of loop time, nor am i looking to overdub multiple loops. i also like that it can fit on my pedalboard, rather than the bigger units that would have to be off to the side.

any other options worth considering for my purposes?

• Members

Are you intending on creating the loops at home, then triggering them live between songs, or creating the intermission songs live? The LFLJ is a lot of money to drop solely for that purpose.

Just get a used Boss RC-2, RC-3 or Jamman Solo on the cheap. At least then you could save a bunch of $$$'s and be able to store several intermission pieces.

The LFLJ is a cool sound and all, but it doesn't seem practical for however it is you'd like to use it.

EDIT: The small Boss and Digitech loopers are barely bigger than the LFLJ.

• Members

Are you intending on creating the loops at home, then triggering them live between songs, or creating the intermission songs live? The LFLJ is a lot of money to drop solely for that purpose.

Just get a used Boss RC-2, RC-3 or Jamman Solo on the cheap. At least then you could save a bunch of $$$'s and be able to store several intermission pieces.

The LFLJ is a cool sound and all, but it doesn't seem practical for however it is you'd like to use it.

EDIT: The small Boss and Digitech loopers are barely bigger than the LFLJ.

Yeah, I'd agree, plus with the Jamman, you can save loops to a memory card, if you were planning on using loops made prior to the gig.

• Members

I think the one thing we've come to conclude is that the LFLJ is a complete over-estimate for what you want,

Boss RC-2, RC-3, Jamman Solo, will do exactly what you want (at the most minor of footprint increases), for half the price of the LFLJ.

Of course, it won't sound identical, but i doubt you'll notice with your intended use.

Archived