How do you transport your pedals?

• Members

Gig bag? or flightcases?

I recently joined a band and we are going to have weekly rehearsal sessions...the gig bag seems ok and cheaper...flightcase seems overkill, but then it doubles as a pedal board as well and is just a tidy and long-term solution.

what do you guys use?

• Members

flight case is definately better, I'm using a gig bag at the moment cus I switched to a pedaltrain and havent got the flight case yet. to be honest the gig bag is nice to carry around but it blows in a lot of ways. my knobs always get twisted, sometimes you {censored} up you pedals from them resting on the cables and power jacks etc. I can usually stick my pedalboard in my suitcase when I fly, but it's still sketchy.

• Members

I use GCX sometimes. It's in the bottom case and my old Deluxe is in the top case and there is space for the GC Pro to sit on top of the amp.

I also have a small board that will sit on top of the amp if I'm not using the GCX:

320317_2337781372885_294412178_n.jpg

310757_2556430398974_794768545_n.jpg

• Members

the canvas gigbaggy thing that came with the pedal train works fine. it wouldnt do much for something falling on the board but i drove off with it on the roof of my car once (god damn drummer was 'helping' me load my car) and the board and all the pedals were fine.

those {censored}ing drummers@!! :mad:

• Members

A gig bag is just fine for any situation where you will always be responsible for transporting your own gear. Just playing in your area, band doesn't have a van, no one ever leaves anything at the rehearsal space, everyone shows up to the gig in their own cars, you know, that kind of thing. If you know you're going to be able to supervise it so no one puts something on top of it or drops it or whatever.

However, if you think there's ever going to be a time when you may put your gear all in one place like a trailer, or back of a truck or something... maybe you're gonna do a little DIY week tour or something, I would say you absolutely need a hardcase, and a good one at that. Only thing I'm comfortable putting in our trailer without an ATA case is my cabinet, and even then a hi hat antennae might stab through it or something.

I love my new PT2 and flight case. The newer cases from them are riduculous, maybe too strong :), but that's really comforting because who knows what might get set atop them or fall down onto them at any given point in the trailer or practice space or whatever. I'd be fine with a Mesa 412 on top of this case.

• Members

Big ol' Gator Mixer case for my big board - works really well holding the board (17 pedals plus 9 loop loopmaster) and my Night Train head, and has wheels for easier transport.

Steve

this sounds ridiculous...

• Members

was looking at some options...so looks like i will go with the flightcase style...and there are some cheap options around that would do the job for me.

http://www.andertons.co.uk/pedal-boards-amp-cases/pid19616/cid694/stagg-upc535-effects-pedal-flight-case.asp

Really all i need for now is something that i can go from home to rehearsal studio and not have to take everything apart and put it back together...

although, im still not giving up on the vintage suitcase/breifcase conversion

Archived