Catalinbread Naga Viper ... truly brings the WOW factor ...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

meh. il just get an Equalizer pedal and increase the treble. sorry, this sounds like a gimmick.,

Just curious... but how does 'it' sound like a gimmick? Not really sure what you're talking about. Did you actually read the description or just read the words, "Treble Booster"?

• Members

meh. il just get an Equalizer pedal and increase the treble. sorry, this sounds like a gimmick.,

Sir.

I respectfully submit you are dense, and perhaps poor at reading comprehension.

There are multiple descriptions (above) of how a treble-booster is not merely an EQ+boost. If you buy that, you will be sorely let down. Buy a treble booster, and you will toans you may have been looking for. Go to the nearest music store and try one. One of the first toans you will find will be the cherished Clapton Woman Tone (from either a P-90 or a HB guitar).... hey, look, there's some vintage, Burn-era Blackmore when you plug a Strat>tb>Marshall.... and you can make an AC30 scream if you crank that TB.

You won't get any of that with a clean boost and an EQ.

• Members

Sir.

I respectfully submit you are dense, and perhaps poor at reading comprehension.

There are multiple descriptions (above) of how a treble-booster is not merely an EQ+boost. If you buy that, you will be sorely let down. Buy a treble booster, and you will toans you may have been looking for. Go to the nearest music store and try one. One of the first toans you will find will be the cherished Clapton Woman Tone (from either a P-90 or a HB guitar).... hey, look, there's some vintage, Burn-era Blackmore when you plug a Strat>tb>Marshall.... and you can make an AC30
scream
if you crank that TB.

You won't get any of that with a clean boost and an EQ.

You can trust this man, he's a Fermentologist. :phil:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OK, one quick thing that others have mentioned before (I'll probably explain it in a less clear fashion too), but there is a huge difference between the Naga Viper and using an EQ. Don't get me wrong, EQs serve a purpose and have a solid effect, but the Naga Viper thickens the signal too but in a different way than just a signal boost. If it makes any sense, it "enriches" ones tone. Definitely worth checking out.

• Members

OK, one quick thing that others have mentioned before (I'll probably explain it in a less clear fashion too), but there is a huge difference between the Naga Viper and using an EQ. Don't get me wrong, EQs serve a purpose and have a solid effect, but the Naga Viper thickens the signal too but in a different way than just a signal boost. If it makes any sense, it "enriches" ones tone. Definitely worth checking out.

Yes! All about dat Range knob. Such a powerful little pedal, probably my favorite right now besides the Whammy V.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Has anyone used this to boost their timmy?

I have a timmy. Im not a huge fan of the boost function of the tim, so I use a dano TOD V2 to boost the timmy. I'm curious if the naga viper would do a better job of this, cause dialing the controls on the TOD really sucks.

• Members

I have a timmy. Im not a huge fan of the boost function of the tim, so I use a dano TOD V2 to boost the timmy. I'm curious if the naga viper would do a better job of this, cause dialing the controls on the TOD really sucks.

:wave:

The Naga Viper is perfect for pushing the Timmy even further into saturation; easily my favorite stacking combo on my board. :thu:

• Members

Today I boosted an OCD in LP mode (OCD's are pretty close to the Timmy from what I've read) with the Naga Viper, range knob at around 1 o'clock. Glorious. Any dirt pedal put in front of it sounds amazing. My favorite is a Pharaoh/NV combo. :love:

• Members

Today I boosted an OCD in LP mode (OCD's are pretty close to the Timmy from what I've read) with the Naga Viper, range knob at around 1 o'clock. Glorious. Any dirt pedal put in front of it sounds amazing. My favorite is a Pharaoh/NV combo.
:love:

The Naga really pushes the OCD and the SuperDrive really well.

Archived