Catalinbread Naga Viper ... truly brings the WOW factor ...

• Members

Today I boosted an OCD in LP mode (OCD's are pretty close to the Timmy from what I've read) with the Naga Viper, range knob at around 1 o'clock. Glorious. Any dirt pedal put in front of it sounds amazing. My favorite is a Pharaoh/NV combo.
:love:

Agreed that the NV stacks well with anything, but I'm in the corner that thinks the NV should come before ALL other dirts. :thu:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is the PB T/B? lol

The EB and TP before and EQ after. That's how I'd do it anyway.

So I have been trying this for a while. I am still a big fan but have noticed some hum when the Viper is on alone and with other pedals on as well. Do other people notice this as well? I have it turned all the way up as I really like how it works then but when I am not playing I can noticeably tell that it's on.

• Members

So I have been trying this for a while. I am still a big fan but have noticed some hum when the Viper is on alone and with other pedals on as well. Do other people notice this as well? I have it turned all the way up as I really like how it works then but when I am not playing I can noticeably tell that it's on.

No problem for me. :idk:

I mean... When I'm using my ASAT (single coils), I always notice more noise when adding more gain, but the Naga Viper doesn't add any more than any other dirt pedal.

• Members

No problem for me.
:idk:

I mean... When I'm using my ASAT (single coils), I always notice more noise when adding more gain, but the Naga Viper doesn't add any more than any other dirt pedal.

Gotcha. I noticed it when using my PRS SE baritone with an HH setup. Not the end of the world, I just find that I have to dial it back a bit to reduce it. Just wondering if others notice the same.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Mine showed up today. Sounds awesome.

1. tried it slamming my Hotcake which works really well. Clean amp, hotcake with knobs at noon, viper all knobs at 3. Awesome, adds gain,clarity and an edgy flavour that sounds really nice.

2. Amp cooking, NV straight in with no other drive pedals. Yep, Vox + treble booster {censored}ing incredible.

I definitely like to run the range knob past noon (depends on the guitar) as a clean boost it gets a bit woofy with my set up.

SG>NV>HOTCAKE>AMP can cop a pretty sabbathy tone.

Great pedal.

Does add noise to the signal, as any boost pedal seems too, nothing excessive though.

One thing though, the power jack isn't centered in the hole in the casing. BUILDERS: QUIT BLOODY SURFACE MOUNTING JACKS! especially when everything doesn't line up perfectly.

• Members

1. tried it slamming my Hotcake which works really well. Clean amp, hotcake with knobs at noon, viper all knobs at 3. Awesome, adds gain,clarity and an edgy flavour that sounds really nice.

2. Amp cooking, NV straight in with no other drive pedals. Yep, Vox + treble booster {censored}ing incredible.

I definitely like to run the range knob past noon (depends on the guitar) as a clean boost it gets a bit woofy with my set up.

Great pedal.

Does add noise to the signal, as any boost pedal seems too, nothing excessive though.

One thing though, the power jack isn't centered in the hole in the casing. BUILDERS: QUIT BLOODY SURFACE MOUNTING JACKS! especially when everything doesn't line up perfectly.

Happy to see another convert! ;) ... With single coils I like to keep the range knob right at noon, or just above. With HB equipped guitars, I like to keep it around three... Sounds glorious with HB's :thu:

• Members

Great pedal.

Glad to hear mine isn't defective. I am strongly considering adding one to my other board.

• Members

Glad to hear mine isn't defective. I am strongly considering adding one to my other board.

yeah i wouldn't be worried. I had a Ruby red booster that did the same thing... something about treble boosters and upping noise levels...

As far as the ruby red vs Naga viper, the ruby red sounded a lot more hifi but i think the naga viper sounds a lot better and has a lot more character.

Both good pedals, just different.

Archived