why is the pharoah good?

hangwire

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it's not a Muff. not the same gain structure and not nearly enough gain.

flat mids. the gain structure sounds amazing, it has {censored}loads of volume on tap, low and high input options, three clipping diode options including GE, and an unbeatable dual tone circuit.

the only downside to it is that is doesn't work as it should unless you play loud.

• Members

it's not a Muff. not the same gain structure and not nearly enough gain.

flat mids. the gain structure sounds amazing, it has {censored}loads of volume on tap, low and high input options, three clipping diode options including GE, and an unbeatable dual tone circuit.

the only downside to it is that is doesn't work as it should unless you play loud.

All of this and a whole lot of the last bit. You have to play LOUD!

• Members

All of what these people said. It doesn't get lost in the mix like a muff will. It stacks really well with anything you put in front of it. It sounds equally awesome on bass, if not more. It is super versatile and can go from a very mild clean(ish) boost to all out face melting wall of badassery. But don't get it expecting it to be a muff. That is how I looked at it for the first month I had it or so and I just couldn't figure it out and almost sold it. Glad I held on to it.

• Members

A great fuzz. It really does retain your amp's sound when you engage it.

Can used as a boost, or a loose and gritty bassy fuzz. Dial out or in the bass/mids/treble and fuzz to your liking.

Meant to be played loud. Great transparent fuzz.

• Members

i bought one for 100 bucks on CL. i liked it but overall it didnt gel with my setup for some reason. something about the tone controls irked me and it always seemed muddy to me, maybe not muddy but just too bassy somehow. i pretty much had to always have the tone knob maxed and teh second tone cut thing min'd i think, and still weirdly muddy. an eq fixed the issue and it sounded quite good, but it seemed silly to me to have to have a separate pedal just to be able to use this one properly.

other than that it is a fantastic pedal. really liked the clipping switch and the low gain vs high gain mode. i thought that was rather brilliant.

Archived