• Members

IMGP8026.jpg

IMGP8039.jpg

IMGP8041.jpg

IMGP8031.jpg

IMGP8033.jpg

IMGP8036.jpg

EBMM JP6 with Piezo.

I've owned a couple in the past (JP6 w/ piezo, and a JP7) and almost immediately regretted getting rid of them so I decided to pick up another. This ones the "Desert Gold" finish and was signed by tr00ch. Such a solid high quality guitar that's incredibly comfortable to play (check out the carves on it :eek:). Notice the attention to detail where the neadstock meets the neck - the finish is taped off and applied very lightly to the entire neck. The trem and piezo are things of legend, they are THAT good. The pickups are great but it's gonna be a bit for me to get used to them because I've been strictly a tele player for a while now. I'm really happy with the purchase overall and just wanted to show some Ernie Ball love because they aren't talked about all that much over here. Really top shelf quality stuff.

• Members

It looks like a really well engineered guitar, but I find it kind of fugly. Also looks like it could be heavy too, but very versatile. All that matters is if you like it, which it sounds like you do, so enjoy!

• Members

It looks like a really well engineered guitar, but I find it kind of fugly. Also looks like it could be heavy too, but very versatile. All that matters is if you like it, which it sounds like you do, so enjoy!

The color in the pictures looks like a butterscotch but it's more of a an orange with like a gold metallic in it.

Also it's not heavy at all, it's actually lighter than my tele :eek:

Nabanov - tr00ch is John Petrucci (Dream Theater [cue the haters]) as it's his signature model. I dig Dream Theater quite a bit and I'm sure that was part of the appeal of the first JP I bought and ultimately sold but this was purchased purely based on how versatile it is. Now that I'm back to an Axe FX setup I can now quickly switch between traditional pickup sounds and some VERY convincing piezo acoustic sounds.

Here's an Axe FX 2 video using just magnetic pickups to simulate acoustic, it gets even better with piezo as a pickup source.

[video=youtube;3Gjhou4ySg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gjhou4ySg0&feature=player_embedded

• Members

I wouldn't want this guitar for myself, but it's true that they are VERY comfortable to play and very well built guitars.

It was the first guitar I played with a piezo in it, and it sounded great.

Enjoy your new axe! :)

• Members

I've always dug Music Man guitars, and this one does not disappoint! Enjoy!!

HIGHLY underrated IMO.

I know I'm a bit hung up on the piezo feature but I've been playing through some Fishman Aura Impulse Responses (google it ;) ) and it sounds incredible!

• Members

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! My friend has one and it was one of the best guitars I've ever played, good one Aaron!

I've gotten a bit burnt out over gear since I've played musical chairs with so many different guitars/amps/effects in the past few years so it takes a lot to get me excited and this guitar does it. Certain guitars have a "struggle" to them to coax good sounds or play the way you want them too but this guitar and the 2 other JP's I've owned are just effortless and perfect off the shelf.

Archived