Good Female to Male Cables ?

Amigo

• Members

I have a rack unit and a pedal board. Instead of having to loop it in the board everytime I want to install some female cables on the side of my board for simplicity sake. Where can I get some good ones? (all the ones in town are {censored}e)

It helps to know exactly what you're looking for in terms of length. Do you need short ones just so you have something that you can readily attach cables to? I assume that's what you're after.

If I may offer an alternative suggestion... why not build them into a pedal sized box that you can hard-mount to your board? That way, you have the female jacks, but you're not constantly putting strain on those short cable "pigtails" - IOW, in a box, you'd be less likely to wear the cables out / get shorts.

You can get pre-configured cables at Radio Shack or most music stores, or you can make your own if you can solder. Again, if you're going to go that route, I'd just build everything into a pedal for simplicity and to make it look nice and neat.

Musician's Friend sells couplers and cables that you might want to check out too.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?sB=r&question=1%2F4%22+female#fT=&gP=1&pS=20&v=g&sB=r&lP=s&question=1/4%22%20female

• Members

It helps to know exactly what you're looking for in terms of length. Do you need short ones just so you have something that you can readily attach cables to? I assume that's what you're after.

If I may offer an alternative suggestion... why not build them into a pedal sized box that you can hard-mount to your board? That way, you have the female jacks, but you're not constantly putting strain on those short cable "pigtails" - IOW, in a box, you'd be less likely to wear the cables out / get shorts.

You can get pre-configured cables at Radio Shack or most music stores, or you can make your own if you can solder. Again, if you're going to go that route, I'd just build everything into a pedal for simplicity and to make it look nice and neat.

Musician's Friend sells couplers and cables that you might want to check out too.

thanks phil, actually thats not a bad idea, just a simple in out box with four ins and four outs would likely be perfect for what I'm after.

I was just hoping to hard install it into my pedal train. As much as IO love the pedal train I find the cable exposures an issue for live settings.

• Members

check it. I used to have. neutrik locking jacks on my board, hard wired to a cable that I would run to my pedals. worked fine, but I was concerned that if something would ever go wrong with the cable at an inopportune time it would difficult to correct. I then bought some neutrik locking female to female adapters so I could easily swap out cables, but couldn't find a good way to mount them without it being permanent/fixable. then TGP directed me here:

http://www.redco.com/shopexd.asp?id=1287

female to female, locking and with mounting points. throw a couple of those suckers in a box/block of wood/whatever. cheap too.

Archived