Phaser placement

• Members

I have been after a couple of phaser pedals for a while, and a friend lent me his danelectro (pepperoni?) To get a taste. I put it it after my CE-2 just before my DL4. It sounded good in this place but it didn't interact greatly with some of my other pedal. I will experiment with the placement (next stop before the CE-2).

Do different kinds of phasers sound better in different places? Rather than just after dirt?

• Members

i usually have my phasers relatively early in chain, before dirt. i like the way it sounds more to have dirt AFTER the phaser. i feel the phase effect is more pronounced when you have phase after dirt, i prefer it a little more subtle i guess

• Members

i usually have my phasers relatively early in chain, before dirt. i like the way it sounds more to have dirt AFTER the phaser. i feel the phase effect is more pronounced when you have phase after dirt, i prefer it a little more subtle i guess

me too. putting it after dirt, pfft. might as well be using a flanger. ugh, gross.

• Members

i like phaser after delay.

I have to try this.

I have my phaser after dirt and my univibe pre-dirt. So I can have the clean swirl of the vibe and the dirty swoosh of the phaser.

[video=youtube;q1DDgNCLD84]

I would put the phaser before dirt if I didn't have the vibe though.

• Members

I put mine after fuzz but before any OD. That is also where I place wahs, but univibes (which I haven't owned in years) go in front of everything

I use it to thicken up my sound for leads and if it comes too far done the line it becomes too prominent.

I do use it for cleans as well, but then the placement is a lot less picky.

• Members

I agree. I like my phase before dirt. It's more subtle and adds texture without completely squashing the original tone.

Archived