OT: The whole Chick-Fil-A controversy made hilarious...

• Members

That's great for you and your friends. But just like it would still be offensive to go around spouting the N-word, even if you have a pal who is black and is cool with it, it's the same deal when you're making public posts about the LGBT community, IMO.

Again, nice try. Sure I don't just roll through life thinking everyone is in sync with my off color humor / commentary. Devi is that black friend. She spends no shortage of time trolling and busting balls so I see no reason why if she can dish it out she can't take it. I also don't recall any negative commentary from her regarding my post either so again... It's all in good fun.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The entire entity of God is that He is perfect. With our nature we don't understand perfection. So things such as genocide seem insane, but happen for reasons we can't comprehend. That same ideal can work for pretty much any harmful thing in life. Everything happens for a reason, you just may not know or need to know the reason. (faith)

This is the craziest thing I've read in a long while.

• Members

you are more intolerant of people who don't share your beliefs than anyone else on this forum...

So no contrasting viewpoints are allowed or they will be viewed as intolerant. Got it.

This {censored}ing forum is so full of sexism, intolerance, thinny veiled racism, off color humor. The environment lends itself to my sense of humor, unlike TGP which I don't visit.

• Members

So no contrasting viewpoints are allowed or they will be viewed as intolerant. Got it.

This {censored}ing forum is so full of sexism, intolerance, thinny veiled racism, off color humor. The environment lends itself to my sense of humor, unlike TGP which I don't visit.

Zing. Truer words never spoken. Not that I'm in this {censored} but still

• Members

I'm all for differing opinions and useful, productive dialogue. You are all for calling Christians {censored}ing idiots... :idk:

• Members
yeah, i'll agree with you there. ILOVEMYFENDER - saying that God sponsors genocide is not exactly helping your cause
:lol:

:facepalm:

I'm not going to just plead ignorance to the fact that there is genocide in the Old Testament, because there is. I'm not saying that god just loves and supports mass genocide. No, it was a necessary evil when there was no other solution. Sure, it's ugly, and it is crazy. I'm a Christian and I know and fully understand that it's not easy to believe. That's the point. If faith was easy, it wouldn't be faith. We weren't made to be puppets, we can choose what to believe.

• Members

I'm not going to just plead ignorance to the fact that there is genocide in the Old Testament, because there is. I'm not saying that god just
loves
and supports mass genocide. No, it was a necessary evil when there was no other solution. Sure, it's ugly, and it
is
crazy. I'm a Christian and I know and fully understand that it's not easy to believe. That's the point. If faith was easy, it wouldn't be faith. We weren't made to be puppets, we can choose what to believe.

the God that you're talking about is pretty different than the one that Jesus talked about...

• Members

the God that you're talking about is pretty different than the one that Jesus talked about...

Sal is primarily talking about the old testament, so that's what I'm doing as well. Of course the new testament was the solvent to all the issues addressed in the old testament, and things changed. The topic of the argument is mostly based in the old testament though.

Archived