OT: The whole Chick-Fil-A controversy made hilarious...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMB loves his queens... that was pretty funny tho :lol:

Basically they support anti-gay groups.

they don't support "Anti-Gay Groups".... they support Christian organizations who happen to believe homosexuality is a sin. duh.

• Members

that place is replacing my local Wienerschnitzel... i will burn Chick-Fil-A to the ground until i get my corn dogs back!

If you're eating corn dogs at Weinerschnitzel you might as well get some from the frozen food section at your nearest grocery store. Same exact thing, maybe better.

• Members

yeah, its okay to exploit illegal immigrant labor to keep the minimum wage stagnant. its okay to create the most unhealthy foods and market them to kids. but, if you say you aren't in favor of gay marriage, we've got a problem.

• Members

yeah, its okay to exploit illegal immigrant labor to keep the minimum wage stagnant. its okay to create the most unhealthy foods and market them to kids. but, if you say you aren't in favor of gay marriage, we've got a problem.

i work there. there are plenty of healthy options for kids. its just their parents who don't get them for their kids.

• Members

OMB loves his queens... that was pretty funny tho
:lol:

they don't support "Anti-Gay Groups".... they support Christian organizations who happen to believe homosexuality is a sin. duh.

There is a soft spot in my heart for them...but just my heart. My butt is off limits. :o

• Members

10 points to you for saving me typing energy.

• Members

Yet another scumbag Christian business I didnt / don't / won't support.

Can we please seperate Christianity from hate-mongering. 'd like to make it very clear that I'm a Christian and absolutely don't support anything that Chick-Fil-A is doing. In fact, I'd make an argument that hating a gay person is the very antithesis of actual Christianity.

• Members

Can we please seperate Christianity from hate-mongering. 'd like to make it very clear that I'm a Christian and absolutely don't support anything that Chick-Fil-A is doing. In fact, I'd make an argument that hating a gay person is the very antithesis of actual Christianity.

No.

You don't get the luxury to pick and chose things from the Bible you disagree with and still somehow call yourself a Christian. Your "good book" is chock full of hate, murder, sexism and guilt.

• Members

You don't get the luxury to pick and chose things from the Bible you disagree with and still somehow call yourself a Christian. Your "good book" is chock full of hate, murder, and guilt.

I'm sorry you feel that way and I assume that you've read just the juicy bits that barely whet your appetite. It sounds like I won't have a productive discussion with you about this so I won't bother, but I respect that you have very dead-set belief that I am 100% wrong with my life view. Best of luck to you.

• Members

No.

You don't get the luxury to pick and chose things from the Bible you disagree with and still somehow call yourself a Christian. Your "good book" is chock full of hate, murder, sexism and guilt.

That hate, murder, sexism, and guilt is usually attributed to the fact that humankind is imperfect and that because of those imperfections, we must live under guidelines that heavily restrict us from doing stupid things. And those things you mentioned (excluding murder) are only evil relative to the relatively liberal view of ethics and morals of today. Any ancient civilization (you're talking about the Old Testament) had morals that seem to be completely screwed up and backwards to today's standards.

If a book that is meant to display history didn't mention the bad in the world, it would be even less credible than it already is. Humans are inherently screwed up. No one is going to say everyone is born completely well-natured.

Whether this means anything to you or not, I don't really care. Just wanted to get my point across before the lock.

• Members

I'm sorry you feel that way and I assume that you've read just the juicy bits that barely whet your appetite. It sounds like I won't have a productive discussion with you about this so I won't bother, but I respect that you have very dead-set belief that I am 100% wrong with my life view. Best of luck to you.

There is no discussion needed. Whether or not I believe in magic and sorcery is not relevant. It's your position that is faulty. If you identify yourself as Christian then you have an awful lot of murder, hate, sexism, guilt, and shame you must answer for based on your "good book" and the beliefs centered around it. You don't get to pick and choose.

Archived